Puppeteer

Author Topic: I'm Rich!!!  (Read 7504 times)

listerboy

• I love the smell of diesel in the morning....
    • View Profile
I'm Rich!!!
« on: January 09, 2009, 12:14:54 AM »
I received this email today:

Message from Lister Engine forum member

Kamara Nkomo - Message from Lister Engine forum member  Thursday, January 08, 2009 10:03:36 AM 
 Message from Lister Engine forum member
Date: Thursday, January 08, 2009 10:03:36 AM 
Subject: Message from Lister Engine forum member

Letter of Relationship and Establishment Aid.
Abidjan Cote d' Ivoire.
Tel : +22507924282
For logistic reason contact me on e.mail:(nkomo22@yahoo.com.sg)
Attention: Respectful,
Greetings and How are you dear Friend.I am Nkomo Kamara from Cote d' Ivoire (Ivory Coast)in West Africa.I got your contact address from Lister Engine board  Forums Memberlist. Please  I would like you to kindly permit me to apply through this medium for your cooperation  to secure an opportunity to invest and do joint relationship and establishment with you in your country.

Hence I have  substantial capital which I honourably Inherited from my late father Chief Kamara Emile  Doudou who was the minister of Interior and also have Cocao and Coffee plantation and deals in Gold, Diamond mining and Trading in bouake Northern District of Coted' Ivoire (Ivory Coast) in Western Africa. Before the Epmigo rebels killed him during the political crisis on the  mutiny rebellion upraising that equally lead to the death of former military junta Robert Guei.

I am contacting you because of my need to deal with honest person whom I can lay trust and personal confidence on with hope that he will not let me down,because since the murder of my father,I have been subjected to all sorts of harassment and intimidation with lots of negative reports emanating from the rebellion people due to this political crisis we are facing,which have resulted to war in some part of our country Cote d' Ivoire since this past years.I legitmately inherited this sum from my late father who died recently and I intend to invest this money in profitable areas in your country into a very lucratives business venture of which you are to advise and execute the  venture over there for the mutual benefits of both of us.

Most especially is for you to help me come over to your base if possible for You be able co-operate with me to become my business partner in your country and create ideas on how  money will be invested, properly managed and the type of investment after the money  is transferred to your custody with your assistance.

I inherited this sum from my late father  whom the rebels killed because he was not supporting their selfish interest to topple the present government .I want you to consider my situation and reply me on  indication of your willingness to  handle this transaction sincerely by protecting my Interest and upon your acceptance of this proposal.I will furnish you with the full details information, procedure on how to continue.The exact amount involved is the sum of Nine Million Five Hundred Thousand  USD ($9.500.000.00)USD.

If you accept to associate with me,both of us will mutually agree on your percentage interest and share holding for helping me to secure the release of the deposit and investing the money into  lucratives profitable venture in your care.
I will be glad to reserve this respect and opportunity for you if you so desire to relate with me with good mind and honesty.I do urge  you to kindly give this matter your immediate attention and the maximum seriousness it deserves for the smooth achievement of the aim.

I want you to be rest assured that everything is in order and legitimate it was due to the political crisis in our country that have resulted to war in some part of our region which have cause everybody to find a way of geting out from  the country,for this reason I use this medium to request for your assistance with hope that you will not let down the confidence I have already reposed on you.

This money is legitimately acquired by my late father from sales of Cocoa and Coffee and Diamond dealings. If it interests you Please forward your reply including your telephone number and fiscal address to my private email address so that I can provide you with more clarifications and details about it all.
Looking forward for your prompt response on e.mail:(nkomo22@yahoo.com.sg)
Thanks for your understanding and future cooperations.
Sincerely
Nkomo Kamara

Stan

Re: I'm Rich!!!
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2009, 12:56:02 AM »
WOW!!!  I sure wish I had received an offer like that!  I'd be on it like a dirty shirt!  :o
Stan

ZackaryMac

• Nova Scotia, Canada
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 09, 2009, 01:29:06 AM »
Now THERE'S an offer you don't get every day!!

Ok, maybe you do.  :D

Tell him to send you a Listeroid first, you know, as proof of his good will and faith, etc. No, make that 2 Listeroids..... 8)
Kubota EL300A-R 4hp 12v Generator
Kubota B6100 HST Compact Tractor
Onan RDJA 8hp
1994 Chev S10 w/Isuzu C223
All are diesel.

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 09, 2009, 01:44:31 AM »
It has actually been quite some time since I received one of those Rhodesia type banking scam proposals.  Don't lose any sleep over it, it is completely BOGUS.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 09, 2009, 02:27:49 AM »
Hey I got the same letter, you leave my money alone
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

listerboy

• I love the smell of diesel in the morning....
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2009, 02:46:03 AM »
I get these things all the time. I thought this one was interesting because the sender said she got my address from this forum.

If I totaled up all the money I'm owed from these scams I could pay for the entire banking/real estate/auto manufacturer bail-outs!

I wonder how many people actually fall for these things?

Grael

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2009, 04:27:48 AM »
I got the same email.  ::) I'm surprised that they actually mentioned this forum.
GTC 8-1

"Traveling 33 RPM in an iPod world"

compig

• 1953 Lister CS 6/1 SOM owner
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2009, 09:24:30 AM »
Good grief , it must be 10 years since I had my first one of these !!! Can't believe they're still doing it , must mean people are still falling for it !!
DON'T STEAL , THE GOVERNMENT DOESN'T LIKE COMPETITION !!!
Lister A
Onan W3S Genny
Petter A1
Villiers C45 industrial
Continental flat six powerpacket
ANOTHER Lister 6/1 CS SOM , temporarily !!!

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2009, 11:58:02 PM »
Jeez-not an optomist among you  :D
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

lendusaquid

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 10, 2009, 12:04:07 AM »
What you do is open up a bank account and ask him to transfer a small amount of money to it to make sure everything works ok.That way you have the pleasure of robbing him if only for a small amount.And dont forget to send him a message that the police have been informed. ;D

Stan

« Reply #10 on: January 10, 2009, 02:05:13 AM »
Do you actually think you'd get a penny out of him before he got a check from you that had cleared?  I heard a woman who was an official from a bank in the states interviewed on this very letter, or one just like it.  She led "them" on for months and never got anything but bogus checks from them trying to suck them in.  It didn't work, they are masters of this scam and yes they do suck people in.  (not me  ;D  I'm not as dumb as I look, although I was asked today if I had used my "home brain surgery kit", when I showed up at my cronies coffee klatch with a large scab on my bald head from poking it inside the guts of my washing machine and coming into contact with several sharp edges.
Stan

AdeV73

« Reply #11 on: January 10, 2009, 09:47:07 AM »
Do you actually think you'd get a penny out of him before he got a check from you that had cleared?

It's rare, but it is possible to "reverse scam" these people - you just need to persuade them first...

Have a look at http://www.419eater.com for inspiration.

Oiler

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 11, 2009, 07:06:39 PM »
I had one too
1962 CS 6/1 for cutting firewood.
Armstrong Siddley AS1 for sale.

1937 Lister D

1918 Lister L

mkdutchman

• mkdutchman at gmail dot com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 12, 2009, 05:45:45 PM »
Do you actually think you'd get a penny out of him before he got a check from you that had cleared?

It's rare, but it is possible to "reverse scam" these people - you just need to persuade them first...

Have a look at http://www.419eater.com for inspiration.

Another one is some site "scambaiter"? I think. google it

diesel guy

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 14, 2009, 08:46:44 PM »
This person wishes he had seen through his BS email.

http://www.switched.com/2009/01/14/man-loses-150-000-to-nigerian-scammer/

Diesel Guy