Puppeteer

Author Topic: Should Arrive Today  (Read 4197 times)

Dail R H

• View Profile
Should Arrive Today
« on: December 06, 2008, 05:40:28 PM »
   After a long often frustrating ordeal I finaly have an engine gen on the way. 12/2 Metro 10k gen head. Hope to have it powering my woodshop before Chrismas.Time will tell

contaucreek

• View Profile
Re: Should Arrive Today
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2008, 06:14:52 PM »
Good luck with your project, post lotsa pics  ;)
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

sid

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2008, 10:51:58 PM »
Dail// bring it to denton next year// you should still be working on it/it may take a little longer than you think/// but the effor is well worth it.. every one is different and only on close inspection will you know what has to be done/ take your time aand have fun because once it is finished/ the only thing left is to buy another one to start one/  sid
15 hp fairbanks morris1932/1923 meadows mill
8 hp stover 1923
8 hp lg lister
1932 c.s bell hammer mill
4 hp witte 1917
5 hp des jardin 1926
3 hp mini petters
2hp hercules 1924
1 1/2 briggs.etc

Dail R H

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 06:09:27 PM »
   I thought everybody would get a laugh out of that. It's here,WV beibg held hostage by the local hardware store. Their forklift is currently "ded". With all I have to do to close this property down before Christmas,I'm going to let it sit where it is 'till I come back in Jan.
   Then I'll have time to look for sand and lost Indian wtrenches and stripped threads and non fitting parts ,and, and, and. plus all the fabricating. Oh yeah,a hole for concrete,and rubber for cushions.

Dail R H

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2009, 07:53:49 PM »
   Well,it didn't take but about 45 days to get the engine the 9 miles from town out to the farm,but it's there now. Yesterday was our best weather window to move it so we jumped on it.Loaded the genhead on the pickup,2wd,the engine on a trailer behind Pastor Steve's Subaru brat,and away we went.
   I love living here in WV,but some things get to be a challenge. Roads for one,or the lack thereof.We crossed the mighty roarimg Gauley river(for you kayak and whitewater enthusists) at Curtain,and clume the mountain to the Crumperneck cutoff(read,one lane paved over logging trail). The temps had got above freezing for a coupla days,so some of the ice and snow was melted,most wasn't. Pastor took out in front,me following,poor little Subaru digging,scratching,throwing snow and muddy ice up the hills slipping and sliding sideways down while barely clinging to the nonexistant shoulders. We finally made it to the realitively level(for WV)spot at Larry Hammonds cow pasture gate where the hardtop ends and we checked the chains and strapps before taking on the dirt track. Now we only had about a mile and a half left to go. This part of the road hadn't been plowed,(not enough people live on it),so it was still a solid sheet of ice,except where it had melted some,think thick slushie. The good part was it's mostly straight,'cept what's hairpin tuns. The problem is the straight is either straight up,or straight down. With renewed vigor,we attacked this final hurdel. Spinning ,slipping, sliding sideways,sometimes tail winding, sometimes head foremost,we finaly managed to get the whole affair to the farm realitively unschathed, just before dark.
   The whole outfit is now happily under cover at the farm ,waiting for me to finish errands in town,and finish my library visit. Can't wait to tear into it ,and get it off Pastor's trailer. Guess I missed my before Christmas startup date a little huh? I know everybody knows what a 12/2 looks like, but I'll get pics for you next time anyway.

Stan

« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2009, 08:21:08 PM »
Hey Dail...You are ahead of schedule from my experienced point of view!  ;D  Good things like this take either time or money.  Having very little of the latter, and loads of the former I, well.....you know.......................................................................................................................................   ;D
Stan