Author Topic: Waste Veg Oil  (Read 25416 times)

Mr X

• View Profile
Re: Waste Veg Oil
« Reply #30 on: March 25, 2006, 03:54:10 AM »
As I drove past ye old second hand store I noticed a verry nice cream seperator in the window. Should I buy it will a cream seperator do a good job of cleaning wvo ? Right now Im using a pant leg filter and then letting it sit Iv experimented with salt and baking powder to settel the yuk. Iv seen a three tank settiling method and am tempetd to build it . Right now Im in the early stages of collecting oi but soon Ill have enough to use .

Greg
6/1 PS Jkson soon to run WVO,  3 hp Petter, 3 Honda 5 hp, 1 weed eater, Live off grid, Now a dog farmer

solarguy

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 25, 2006, 04:13:35 PM »
If I recall, somebody over on the infopop biodiesel discussion group tried an old cream separator, but wasn't to impressed with the results.

Your mileage may vary...

Good luck, have fun, report back if you find a nifty way to do it.

troy

rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 25, 2006, 04:19:57 PM »
being a homesteader type we have a cream seperator and have used it... i see no way one can help

Mr X

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 09, 2006, 08:13:54 PM »
I thought I share this tid bit.While looking for the cheap and easy way to filter wvo I thought land scape fabric. UhUh. It works really well. At 9 bucks for 25' I double it and hold wit a bungie cord  around the top of a 45 gal barrel. You can dump 5 gal pail of wvo in and leave. It will filter 10- 15 gal befor cloging and cheap enough to throw away.

Greg
6/1 PS Jkson soon to run WVO,  3 hp Petter, 3 Honda 5 hp, 1 weed eater, Live off grid, Now a dog farmer