Puppeteer

Author Topic: We have a generator shed slab!  (Read 2793 times)

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
We have a generator shed slab!
« on: October 27, 2008, 04:16:13 AM »
Yahoo. Pored the slab for the generator shed yesterday. The slab has the propane tank muffler embedded in it with the exhaust going under the slab and out the side of the hill pointing away from the house. I used 13' of 2" galvanized pipe from the outlet of the propane tank and sloped it down wards so it will drain. The slab is 6.5' square, I would have liked to make it bigger, but there is not any more room beside the house. Now all I've got to do is fill the big 2'X4' hole in the middle of the floor with another yard of concrete to mount the engine.

We mixed our concrete with a 3.5 cu ft mixer and it took about 12 batches to do the slab.
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

wrightkiller

• View Profile
Re: We have a generator shed slab!
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 11:59:02 AM »
Hey Tom :      How about some pictures..... to give other guys some ideas...    ;D

SteveU.

• View Profile
Re: We have a generator shed slab!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 08:02:28 PM »
Hello Tom
My father-in-law, a thirty year road/bridge builder up in the forests, introduced me to the idea of placing 35-50lb cleaned rocks into the thick high mass hand mixed pours. Called them "plumbs".
He learned this in Central America seeing 300-500 year old bridges the Spanish has built using Roman techniques. That was good enough for him. He did say the concrete had to be very stiff hand mixed/hand packed and the plumbs spaced to keep the stucture strong.

My back aches for you.
SteveU.
Use it up. Wear it out. Make Do, or Do Without.
 Electrodyne 12vdc. AC MeccAlte 8.5kw
John Deere 950 w/Yammar 3cyl IDI; Peterson 21" sawmill w/20hp Kohler v-twin; four Stilh chainsaws,  Stilh weedeaters; various Kohler, Onan, Honda, Briggs, Tecumseh singles.