Author Topic: Yipee! The Frankenlister ran today!  (Read 2572 times)

Reno Speedster

• View Profile
Yipee! The Frankenlister ran today!
« on: October 16, 2008, 04:42:58 AM »
A while back I put up a post about a missing compression stroke.  Well today I went out to check it out and found that everything was just as it should be.  I just was not getting any compression when I rolled it over slowly, but when I spun it up the compression stroke was there. I think its just that the rings are not seated in.  So, I put in some fuel and bled the lines and kicked it over and it started right up!  I still need to get the throttle assembly adjusted and get a tach so I can get it dialed in, but first smoke,  what a great feeling.

SHIPCHIEF

• View Profile
Re: Yipee! The Frankenlister ran today!
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2008, 05:19:00 AM »
Well that's just great!
It's been a while hasn't it?
After break-in, mine is very hard to turn over the compression stroke by hand, even after sitting for months!
Put it to work, you and Frankenlister will both love it.
Scott
Ashwamegh 25/2 & ST12
Lister SR2 10Kw 'Long Edurance' genset on a 10 gallon sump/skid,
Onan 6.5NH in an old Jeager Compressor trailer and a few CCK's

Reno Speedster

• View Profile
Re: Yipee! The Frankenlister ran today!
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2008, 06:06:50 AM »
Yes, its been a long time coming.  Getting her working is the idea, its job is to make electricity for the ranch.  I have to make a new generator mount (missed it by that much!).  Once thats on I will get it broken in with a little load on it.  Today I just got it fired and let it tick over for a minute or so at very low speed.  I know its best to do this with a load on but there we are.  I will get some pictures up when its in tune.  I think folks will like the drip oiler running to my new rocker arm assembly.