Puppeteer

Author Topic: 1991 ISUZU ELF 2 TONCABOVER FROM JAPAN  (Read 10911 times)

dieseldave

• View Profile
1991 ISUZU ELF 2 TONCABOVER FROM JAPAN
« on: June 30, 2008, 01:28:47 AM »

Take a boo at this:   www.maxoverdrive.ca     Cliick 'Isuzu' then click far right picture.  Stock#NKR-8969
                                                        THIS IS UNBELEIVABLE!

dieseldave

• View Profile
Re: 1991 ISUZU ELF 2 TONCABOVER FROM JAPAN
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 06:10:22 AM »

I don't know why!  Might have been owned by a Government agency or company and just never put into service. I know that it was registered in Japan for 3 months.

In 1986 I installed radios in City of Edmonton vehicles. I installed a few radios in Brandnew 1968 Ford cabover F series Edmonton Power bucket trucks.  They had NO MILES on them either!

THIS S*** DOES HAPPEN,but not often!

Stan

« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 07:05:21 PM »
It's more likely the printer forgot 3 zeros.
Stan

dieseldave

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2008, 09:06:36 PM »

Stan , a lot of vehicles from japan dont have a lot of kms.   Check them out . They are in Richmond BC .This is actual km!  www.maxoverdrive.ca   They have a bunch of other vehicles they import from Japan.

The inspection system cost in Japan is based solely on the age of the car or truck. People trade them in due to the cost of the inspection. Vehicles 15 years and older can be brought into Canada. A lot of the newer vehicles go to Australia,New Zealand,and other asian countries.

One thing that bugs me is that the US is trying to make it 25 years and older for Japan imports into Canada as the US is 25 years.
  No Canadian soverienty any more , I guess  One of my friends kids has got a 1991 Toyota Celica from Japan. It's got stuff that you are only starting to see on New American Cars!   

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2008, 09:25:00 PM »
My Dad work for Nissan Canada in the 80s ( industrial Div ).

In Japan most people trade in before things get old.
This rolls over the home market for cars often so the automakers always have inventory moving, this includes heavy trucks and construction equip.

Since a lot of this is lease they export it and here is where things get sticky.
Some Japanese companies  (  Ah hem... Kubota !@#$^ ) will not sell you parts for export products not intended for the Canadian market.
This would hurt higher margin new sales if older but in great condition stuff arrived to depress prices.

One manufacturer has even been known to take imorters to court to prevent unathorized product from entering Canada ( Ah Hem Kubota again )
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

Flyingpony

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 01, 2008, 02:05:04 AM »
NZ imports lots of cars ex-Japan.  The NZ Government has tightened the importation regulations even more.  Soon we're going to be getting even younger models.

As of 2009, petrol cars they must be made after 2000 and exceed Japan “GH”/Euro 3 emission standard.  For diesel it's even more gloomy, essentially anything made before 2004/2005 is a no go for importation - this ruling applies to not only cars but trucks and buses as well (if I understand it correctly).  That'll kill the house bus and small business owner market.

If you do buy a Japanese car, try to find one which still has it's service log book, they're like hen's teeth but gold.  Okay I can't read Japanese but dates and mileage figures are rather universal.  I got really lucky and my car had it's log book with everything accounted for except the final 12 months in Japan, the mileage added up so it wasn't wound back, I hope.  Maybe I should send the former owner a post card, the log book had his home address in it ;)

And the great news, these rules don't appear to apply to stationary diesel engines ;D

dieseldave

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 01, 2008, 03:44:34 AM »
Doug,thats what I been hearing about old kubota's. After 5 years,it's like  'so what'. For an acreage,I'd have an old Ford 'N'series.

Flyingpony,what did you import from Japan and how do you like it?

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #7 on: July 01, 2008, 04:18:40 AM »
I avoid Japan because of this silliness and the supiriority complex.

I buy German now or EU.

At least in Yurp ( as the yanks say ) they can still build a little quality without too much politics

dieseldave

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 04:46:55 AM »
  HAHA! And so when are the Americans going to build some more Nukler Power Plants fur 'lectricety?.

But anyway,after what I've been seeing on the internet,what is available from J.A.Pan Inc,I will never go near a showroom again.

I will buy 'used imported from Japan from now on'  These vehicles have stuff that you are only starting to see on American Cars! And they are all 15 years old or older!

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #9 on: July 01, 2008, 05:15:08 AM »
in bout 100 yars when the run low on coal.....

Pity they aren't entirely out of the nuclear buisness, and they were starting to get good at it...

Stan

« Reply #10 on: July 01, 2008, 05:29:07 AM »
They've perfected a small nuclear generator that will operate for an estimated 40 years without maintenance.  It's designed to be buried in about 50 feet of dirt and will continuously produce electricity. It's cooled with liquid sodium evidently.
Can't remember where I read about it but it'll make lots of juice for very little money compared with conventional huge nukes.
Stan

dieseldave

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 01, 2008, 06:05:17 AM »

I don't see why not!   You would not have to have high pressure steam to run a small tubine for home use. 1 pound of fuel grade plutonium= 1000 TONS of High Grade Coal.  You could have a piston type steam engine instead of a turbine. I wonder if you could convert a Lister to do this!!!!!!.    I have used about 60 tons of coal in the 5 years that I have had a coal stoker. that would be(let me get my calculator)..................  .06 lbs of plutonium or .96oz.  Less actually,I burn a medium grade coal.  LESS THAN 1 OUNCE!
UNBELIEVABLE!!, 5 winters for less than 1 ounce! :o

dieseldave

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 01, 2008, 06:18:12 AM »

Goolgle this: type  'toshiba creates home nuclear power plant'   Says that 1st ones will go into production in 2009!

Talk about 'Highjacked Threads'   Isuzu Elf's  to Nukes in less than 12 hours!

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 02, 2008, 02:00:25 AM »

Goolgle this: type  'toshiba creates home nuclear power plant'   Says that 1st ones will go into production in 2009!

Well I'll be god damned!   :o  I thought April Fools had come early or something but wow, this is a real machine.  Cool!  8)  I totally want one in my garage!   ;D
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

Stan

« Reply #14 on: July 02, 2008, 02:38:27 AM »

Sorry 'bout that, but you and Doug mentioned "Japan" and "Nuclear" and some stray nigrostriatal dopaminergic neurons fired!  ::)
Stan