Author Topic: Another youtube video 6/1 plus wind turbine and solar  (Read 2638 times)

carlb23

• View Profile
Another youtube video 6/1 plus wind turbine and solar
« on: May 17, 2008, 10:41:08 PM »
In the last video i was unable to get the exhaust on the outside of the house, It is really quite quiet. I started far from the house so i could include our wind turbine, 10kw of solar PV's and our solar hot air panel.  You really cant hear the exhaust until you get real close. Unfortunately where i have the crankcase vent coming out of the garage wall is very hard to see in the video. If you look at my other video you can see the check valve i used coming off the crankcase cover.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pp9w12H6HX8

Hope you like

Carl

matt

• View Profile
Re: Another youtube video 6/1 plus wind turbine and solar
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2008, 01:06:38 PM »
I love what you have done to your home to catch so much energy from the sun!!

Where can I find more info on the solar "warm air" panels you mentioned.
I have not heard of these before and sound interesting.

The listeroid is indeed very quiet.

Well done!!

Matt

carlb23

• View Profile
Re: Another youtube video 6/1 plus wind turbine and solar
« Reply #2 on: May 18, 2008, 03:13:57 PM »
Matt,

The solar hot air panels are home built design and integrated right into the house. The back of the collectors are actually the outside wall of the house so the profile on the panels is quite shallow at only 3.5" deep. with only 2.5" protruding above the surrounding vinyl siding.

you should be able to find a lot of info on www.builditsolar.com  Gary has a lot of interesting stuff there.

PS.   I should have said that the panels produce about 45% of our daily required heat on a sunny day  :-*

Carl