Author Topic: Coppermine  (Read 15838 times)

lip5er4

• Newfoundland(the great frontier)
    • View Profile
Coppermine
« on: May 01, 2008, 05:01:14 AM »
WHY is the Coppermine photo not working? I log on to it and the PIcs arent there? WHY? Brian. Detroit
Moving to newfie.....

lip5er4

• View Profile
Re: Coppermine
« Reply #1 on: May 01, 2008, 05:03:47 AM »
I Had lots to share to the forum , lots of history, from Detroit to Newfoundland. Puzzeled ? Brian
Moving to newfie.....

lip5er4

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 05:28:28 AM »
The moderator. Is it T119 , What has happened to the Coppermine photo gallery? We"re supposed to be lister Enthusesists   . too much personal talk. All of us are trying to save a buck, Gas and Diesel going Up up and up. lets try to give good advice to each other. Canada or USA, we need to stick together.The rest of the world is is silentlly comming in ,You know Im know expert but I do know one thing Canada and the US share a command ground. from religion or commerce. China is going to surpass us if we dont stick together. Thats my thought and Im stickin with with it. Brian. Detroit and OLE NEWFIE.
Moving to newfie.....

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 09:27:12 PM »
I have nothing to do with coopermine  :P
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

MeanListerGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2008, 12:05:27 AM »
timely response  ;D
MLG Gib Key Pullers

dmp

« Reply #5 on: May 22, 2008, 11:39:51 PM »
There's alot lost from Coppermine.  Much knowledge. 

Where'd it go?

Can we get that back?

I print things, glad I did.  I never saw this comming.

David

lip5er4

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 06:08:09 AM »
Then tell me , You produce a web cite, for lister enthusists, with photo gallory, if it dont work get rid of it. get another one. If you are a moderator, your the boss of the web cite .You set the ground rules for everybody to adhere to. You have nothing to do with it? Im not trying to be a piss ass , and I do respect this web cite ,but come on. Brian
Moving to newfie.....

dmp

« Reply #7 on: May 26, 2008, 01:55:48 AM »
Brian brings up a good question.  He, and all of us, deserve a reply.

David

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 26, 2008, 03:39:54 PM »
Coppermine is not part of this site, it is a file/picture site like many others.  As I have said before, I have nothing to do with the site, I have no admin rights to it.  There are thousands of free posting sites, try your google fu and find one.

As for Coppermine, I have no idea what is wrong with it, where the data went, nor do I have the powers to help.

What I do have are ADMIN rights here to help the admin with the hundreds of SPAM sites trying to get in.  I have the ADMIN rights to ban users, but have not had to and frankly thats more the owners call, not mine.  I have the power to help your posts or threads get modified or deleted.  Other than that (and that keeps me busy every day) thats all I have.

sorry I cannot help you post your pictures, or explain what happened to Coppermine, I would if I could.

cheers

Andrew
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 26, 2008, 03:45:45 PM »

David
So.... what part of I have nothing to do with coppermine did you miss?

the owner set up a Listerengine.com folder on coppermine to help people... coppermine has had problems since the begining.  Now its not working.

so find another site, post your pictures and story there and then link to the picture here.

As for the collective knowledge and pictures, it a shame that its gone, but it would appear to have been eaten by the internet... suck it up and move on.

mkdutchman

• mkdutchman at gmail dot com
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 26, 2008, 04:07:44 PM »

David
So.... what part of I have nothing to do with coppermine did you miss?

the owner set up a Listerengine.com folder on coppermine to help people... coppermine has had problems since the begining.  Now its not working.

so find another site, post your pictures and story there and then link to the picture here.

As for the collective knowledge and pictures, it a shame that its gone, but it would appear to have been eaten by the internet... suck it up and move on.

LOL, very appropiate reply

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 26, 2008, 07:08:23 PM »
And, thank you Andrew for your time help.
  Scott r.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

lowspeedlife

• old iron for a new age
  • no i'm not no cowboy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 26, 2008, 07:09:57 PM »
Sorry, that should have read "Thank you for your time & help"
       Scott r.
Scott R.

5.7 liter diesel k-5 blazer. converting to wvo.
omega 20/2 listeroid

adhall

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 26, 2008, 07:58:40 PM »
Andrew:

I sense you are tired of dealing with this subject, so I hope you will forgive me for beating it to death.

I understand that Coppermine is a seperate web site that you have no control over. Since it has (apparently) died, would it not be possible to link the Listerengine site to some other photo web site? It is nice to have the photos together in one place. I know I enjoyed browsing through them and have learned a lot in the process. It is difficult to do that when they are spread all over the Internet in different sites.

Best regards,
Andy Hall
JKSon 6/1, 5 kW ST Head, 1992 Dodge RAM Cummins 5.9L Turbodiesel, 2001 VW TDI 1.9L Turbodiesel, 2006 Jeep CRD Turbodiesel, Yanmar FX22D Diesel Tractor

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 26, 2008, 08:51:39 PM »
To do that someone would have to create an account and administer it at one of the free sites.  If someone has the time and energy to do that I am sure we can change the link to point to it.  Keep in mind many free sites have limits on bandwidth so it will cause outages if too many people try to view the new pictures.  There is some administrative overhead to consider

Andrew