Puppeteer

Author Topic: Lesson Learned  (Read 2423 times)

blaze

• View Profile
Lesson Learned
« on: April 26, 2008, 04:58:02 AM »

This web site Has help me out alot along with a friend up in canada.I do not offer much advice because I feel I do not have the experiance. But I learned a very valuable lesson this past week.I received about 20 gallon's of used veg oil from a chinese resturant.By first inspection it look like good used oil,so I decided to add it to my storage barrel.As I was pouring it in the barrel I noticed a sweet smell ignoring the smell I continued.After filling a 55gallon barrel I decided to do a test batch I mixed and heated what was in the barrel so I would get a good reading of all the oil in the barrel.I pulled a test batch added the meth and lye and it solidified in minutes.I tried 5 or 6 times changing the lye amount each time adding less lye than more lye I still got the same result's. The only thing I can think of the smell was vinager so by not doing a test batch on the 20 gallon's I ruined an additional 30 gallon's of good oil not a very productive week.I did not pour the sludge of the bottom of the container's into my barrel. So newbies like me be careful just a head's up go ahead pro's let me have it :-[ Mike