Author Topic: TIKI TORCH FUEL  (Read 22893 times)

DRDEATH

• View Profile
Re: TIKI TORCH FUEL
« Reply #15 on: July 28, 2010, 07:59:47 PM »
You might want to offer the oil up for sale if it works for anyone having a party. It should disperse the smell pretty good and get rid of the skitters. LOL
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 28, 2010, 09:44:02 PM »
Geez.  I now have another reason to get a diesel powered mower.  Mow the grass and drive off the mosquitoes at the same time.  And, and lessen the burden of the diesel aroma to others.

Casey
NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245

DRDEATH

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 28, 2010, 10:53:07 PM »
We could consider using a diesel lawn mower a co-gen. It powers the mower and helps fight infestation of disease carring bugs. (west nile virus) I bet pep boys wish they could have thought of that. In a co-gen the emissions can be twice as much. It might even trigen if it was cold outside and you use the heat from the mower to stay warm. Man this could just keep getting better. DD  :) :) :) :)  BTW there was a Lister powered roto tiller on eBay UK. THAT WAS COOL  Not sure how big the diesel engine was but I might find out if it gets relisted.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 10:56:38 PM by DRDEATH »
Breast cancer kills. It takes money to save lives.

toydiesel01

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 29, 2010, 04:37:33 AM »
would the parafin oil create more carbon?

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 29, 2010, 04:41:12 AM »
Backroad,

I found that with WTF there are so many fines in it that will coke up the injector very quickly even with filtering through first a 10 micron followed by an element rated at 2 microns, that it is clear much finer 'polishing' is necessary on this type of used oil.  Diluting the 2 micron filtered WTF with diesel did not stop the coking and engine fouling, it only reduced it linearly in time with the ratio of added diesel.  i.e. 50% diesel and the thing ran twice as long before geting really sick.  I was using my 1.5 Litre, 4-cylinder VW diesel engine in a power plant for this testing. 

Are there  engines that are more tolerant of suspended dirt, soot,carbon or crud? That would not load up with soot as this VW engine did while burning waste oil.
  Medium and slow speed marine engines and diesel power plants burn that narly #6 diesel/Bunker C fuel oil. They seem to operate ok for thousands of hours.  

b&d