Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

How to withdraw camshaft

(1/2) > >>

mbguzzi:
Dear

I have Listeroid 24/2 and I don't know why, but one day, when I tried to start my enigne something happen. I looked around and inside the engine and I saw that the governor weight spindle was broken. O.K. than I started to fix the problem and made the steps which is recomended in instruction manual for withdra camshaft. I did all the steps (removed flywheel, cover, fuel pump, unscrewed camshaft centre locating pin,...) but I can't withdraw the camshaft!?
Can somebody give me a good advice what I have to do?  ???

THX in advance!

Reagrds,
Matevz

rmchambers:
Are the pushrods still applying pressure onto the cam followers?

Tom:
I believe that if you remove the cover on the other side you will find a collar held on with a taper pin. Drive out that pin and you should be good to go.

xyzer:

--- Quote from: Tom on April 01, 2008, 04:50:35 PM ---I believe that if you remove the cover on the other side you will find a collar held on with a taper pin. Drive out that pin and you should be good to go.

--- End quote ---
I agree....And sometimes the pin is a bugger!
Dave

ronmar:
Second on the bugger part.  I was worried about damaging the bushing on that end trying to knock out that pin.  I couldn't get mine out and wound up drilling it out.  I replaced mine with a straight 5/16 allenhead shoulder bolt held in place with a nylock nut.  Now the camshaft is real easy to remove with no pounding and cussing:)

Ron

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version