Author Topic: Has the EPA doomed the future of our engines?  (Read 37547 times)

rocket

• View Profile
Re: Has the EPA doomed the future of our engines?
« Reply #15 on: March 09, 2006, 11:02:35 PM »
to the best of my understanding the new epa rules dont go into effect til this summer. the problem is getting them built, shipped here, and then sold before then

Ironworks

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 10, 2006, 01:34:36 AM »
So....does anyone know whoe has engines left to sell?

guest161

« Reply #17 on: March 10, 2006, 02:15:41 AM »
Any one get spammed by Andrew Davies off this thread?

tnorvold

• View Profile
    • Brookville Trading Company, LLC
« Reply #18 on: March 10, 2006, 02:18:43 AM »
This will be our third load of diesels from India.  We have been in contact with the EPA and they are constantly telling me that this is not suggested as a business.  There are limitations on the number of engines per year and it sounds to me (without looking back at the paperwork) that we should be good for this year.  I am using the stationary engine exemption which is very clear...the engine must be "stationary" for a twelve month period in order to be included in the exemption.  I require a form to be signed by the purchaser(s) stating that the engine will be used for "stationary use only".  They have asked me one other time to produce these records which I gladly did.  In the regulation they state that the fine is something like $32,000 per day for engines not meeting the exemption.  We are trying to explain that most of these engines are going to be run for very short periods of time and for back-up power.  Maybe we will get through to them someday!

Have a great evening!
-tnorvold

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 10, 2006, 02:28:30 AM »
Can you send that to me a adaviesx@rogers dot com

I have been getting a huge number of spam messages since I posted my email addy on this site.  I would like to trace the IP infor for that message, I have two Virus programs running so I would like to tract that down.
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

DirtbikePilot

• Spinning flywheels are cool....
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 10, 2006, 03:31:16 AM »
So....does anyone know whoe has engines left to sell?

I think Joel of power solutions still has some, Eric of rocky mountain power source does, and there are maybe a couple of other people who posted info farther up in this thread. Eric isn't planning on going out of the business. People have posted on here that Joel and George apperantly are. Joel has said on his ebay auctions that he won't be importing any more.
Currently no listeroids, sad........ very sad.....
Just some other antique engines ranging from 40 pounds to 33,000 pounds each.

guest161

« Reply #21 on: March 10, 2006, 05:21:19 AM »
Can you send that to me a adaviesx@rogers dot com

I have been getting a huge number of spam messages since I posted my email addy on this site.  I would like to trace the IP infor for that message, I have two Virus programs running so I would like to tract that down.

rats...had just sent to the old spam bin before logging on. Its gone. Title was something like re:reportedpost:re:epa title. Author was listed as Andrew Davies. 3 k file. Came to my default addy from this site. Will watch for the next one.

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 10, 2006, 09:03:02 PM »
Had you sent a note to MODERATOR about the forum?  If you did it was me who was responding to your concern
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

guest161

« Reply #23 on: March 11, 2006, 08:54:24 PM »
uh, ok. I would have expected something in my inbox here instead of being sent to my contact addy, and that's why I viewed it with suspicion.

thanks for the clarification. :-[

t19

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2006, 05:07:06 PM »
Well the system sends me an email and I respond to it.  I could also send somehting your inbox, but thats an extra step, and I'm not paid for that ;)

Horsepoor

• West Palm Beach, Florida
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: March 13, 2006, 06:00:12 AM »
Gentlemen,

I recently sent an email to a friend who agreed with the below and asked that I post it for your consideration also. But first I have to tell you I frequently work with a labor attorney who has a saying “Don’t call an air strike in on yourself”. We see people doing this all the time. So, consider these observations in light of this saying.

•  Reading as listening to the Forum, it is obvious a lot of people are making contact EPA bureaucrats and Customs, asking questions, seeking clarification, and drawing attention.

•  The persons on this Forum by no means represents all people making these bureaucrat contacts, just a highly representative group of existing Listeroid owners and probably also likely buyers in the near future. I am fairly confident that nationally well over a 100 Listeroid import inquiries have made which is surely sufficient to generate some internal memos or CRF checks.

•  In the long run, these contacts are drawing unwanted attention (I.e. Sort of like calling in an air strike): These is no way to stop the inquiry process, it’s a fact of live and will continue as regulations slowly but surely get tighter.

•  Picture yourself as a under achiever, lazy government bureaucrat, maybe even a political / affirmative action hire. So here is a really easy and safe opportunity to justify your useless position without pissing off a major U.S. corporation (I.e. GM, Wal-Mart, or some other major corporation with a legal staff on retainer), jamming up your boss or worse of all creating a lot work for yourself. Collectively, we as Listeroid owners present no real opposition.

•  So this is where I see all of this going: The more attention drawn, the tighter the regulations will become. THERE IS NO FORMAL CORPORATE ORGANIZATED OPPOSITION and therefore the most restrictive bureaucrat regulations that one can conjured up will eventually become law.

The EPA doesn’t give a dam about a few back yard red necks spread out across the country and the EPA certainly is not the least bit intimidated by this weak collation. Nor does the EPA care about self reliance, hurricane relief, off grid, living, etc.

I suggest using the existing laws to continue making orders, ensuring proper engine labeling to designate as stationary engine and trying to stay under the radar as long as possible. Gentlemen, your thoughts and comments are welcome.

Bruce
GTC 20/2 down rated to 850 rpm - ST 15
Metro 6/1 800 rpm on cart - ST 7.5

Bikerbob

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: March 13, 2006, 12:16:26 PM »
For the few Lister-heads that are located in Europe, I have the following good news:

Since 2004, there are different regulations for "off road stuff" (gensets, lawnmowers, chain-saws etc.) that are sold in Europe.
It applies to both mobile and non-mobile units, powered with spark ignition engines.

Since 2000(?) there are similar regulations for "compression ignited" engines used on "off-road" mobile or non mobile units.
However, under 19kW, there are no regulations right now!
Under 19kW compression ignition, you can import and sell anything you like!

Just for the record...
Rgds
Bikerbob

Your mission impossible:
Upgrade Low-tech to Hight-tech, adding nothing but No-tech...

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #27 on: March 13, 2006, 01:52:15 PM »
Great point Bruce!

There is no reason for us to call attention to ourselves at this point in time.

As a matter of fact, the current laws in place require no such contact with the EPA. SO WHY DO SO?

To those here on this board, Bruce is well qualified to make the above statements. He holds a position of great authority and deals with somewhat similar matters on a daily basis.

Chris
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence

oldnslow

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 13, 2006, 05:12:49 PM »
Too late, the coordinates of the "air strike" are undoubtedly already noted and logged.
Mistakes are the cost of tuition.

Doug

« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2006, 03:25:13 AM »
Still it kind of makes you chuckle doesn't it?
USA no gun control but listeroid control lol.
Canada gun control no listeroid control lol.
India....
The second sleeping giant that stirs.
I wish I had money to invest, realy that country is going to be something soon. My gut tells me the whole Listeroid thing is going to change in the next few years with a golden age of Indian Listers soon to come and too soon to end in favour of modern machines. Then we're going to talk about them and get all misty eyed like the limies.

Doug