Author Topic: BS or not?  (Read 26366 times)

listerengine2006

• View Profile
BS or not?
« on: March 29, 2008, 12:09:43 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efCelx7qe_M&feature=related
FREE ENERGY Home Generator -Zero Point Energy - Off the Grid
Listeroid 6/1 5KW

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
Re: BS or not?
« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2008, 12:44:22 AM »
Lots of claims and carefully crafted terms and almost no facts or figures. BS
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

listerengine2006

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2008, 12:55:16 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jt5z8L4LBJE&feature=related

More claims, not alot of proof.  But interesting none the less.
Listeroid 6/1 5KW

listerengine2006

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2008, 01:07:30 AM »
Here is another one, I'm still sceptical.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vDeXTXYFKAY&feature=related
Listeroid 6/1 5KW

Jim Mc

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2008, 01:29:21 AM »
BS

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2008, 04:23:22 AM »
Does he have grid feed coming to his house ?   If not, it works.

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #6 on: March 29, 2008, 05:02:59 PM »
You can't free energy.

It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

emerald

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 29, 2008, 05:09:06 PM »
smells a bit.

draganof

• Keeper of a Mighty Changfa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 29, 2008, 09:01:46 PM »
Pure 100% BS
Changfa 195 and ST10
8kw Yanmar/Kohler

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 29, 2008, 10:39:42 PM »
Here's my spin on this guys.  We now know from the latest discoveries from the great astronomical observatories and tireless work by esteemed researchers that a very great deal of the universe is made up of invisible stuff which they have dubbed 'dark matter'.  Along with the dark matter thay have also found abundant energy of the same class.  They call this stuff 'dark energy'.  Some call it 'zero point energy'.  As far as I believe, some clever wag is eventually going to discover way(s) to interface to this invisible power source and figure out how to plug a Nintendo or Play Station into it. 

Add to my belief that there has never been a satisfactory explanation produced (to me) on exactly what this seemingly magical force called magnetism actually is and why it occurs. In our work with generators, motors and transformers we have a good understanding and have been able to craft "rules" on all the usual "expected' results, familiar to many of us here. For all the normal experience we have with electricity and magnetism the action of a moving magnetic field working on an electrical wire conductor producing a current flow in the wire, or the magnetic field that results when we send current through a wire, are phenomenon where the law of reciprocity ALWAYS exists right!?  Well not entirely.  There are some special cases where the action is only seen to work in one direction.  One of these devices which demonstrate such unusual phenomena is the Faraday Disk Generator.  When I learned that reciprocity did not work in this device (cannot turn electricity into motion) I became convinced that there was indeed much more to magnetism than we commonly know and that some claims that a magnet creates a link to another dimension may form the basis for a real explanation.   Consider that the ancients didn't have to know the physics behind fire to use it to cook their food and heat their caves. 

I fully expect that we will see Man invent devices that can tap the dark energy around us, now known to exist.  Calling this free energy is a bit of a misnomer, like calling wind derived electricity free. It is a call that rallies the skeptics and nay sayers.  In both case there would indeed be a real, if unseen energy source being tapped.  I suspect that the use of magnetic fields holds near if not first in line status in the various technical means that may lead to success.

One big problem here I think is that we have many private basement tinkerers and experimenters who have not been taught a solid basic knowledge of the craft of electrical power, physics, etc.  These folks sometimes spend a family fortune on the perfection of their brainchild, a complicated mechanical gizmo purposefully using the normally wasted radial energy of side fumbling in a loose bearing along with rotating widgets, gaussian magnets and bridge recitifers capturing 'kickback' from a open circuited inductor.  They will often be seen showing off their alleged' over unity' motors and free energy machines pointing at a meter that shows voltage seemingly out of nowhere but do not realize that the phase angle to the AC current may be showing something that is not really there by the way of their measurement, or some misunderstanding between DC voltage and current and real power.

I like this practical response...
Posted by: mike90045 
Insert Quote
Does he have grid feed coming to his house ?   If not, it works.

As for me? Maybe one of these guys is indeed onto something.  I've actually had an idea for a magnetic motor for some time which I hope to take a stab at a test prototype someday soon.  Need a whack of cheap neodemium magnets and one fresh, strong round tuit in order to build it.   8)
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

M61hops

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 30, 2008, 12:07:43 AM »
I agree with Mike90045 and RCAvictim.  I know there is a lot more to be learned about the exact nature of what we call "reality" so I can't rule anything out offhand.  But, dammit, all my round tuits are way past their expiration dates!     Leland
I pray everyday giving thanks that I have one of the "fun" mental disorders!

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #11 on: March 30, 2008, 04:15:11 AM »
Been working on rotating electrical equipment all my life ( so it seems ).

Some of it on the very cutting edge.

Nothing in my previous experience tells me you can get something for nothing.

Untill proven wrongI will have to say I don't believe free energy is possible.

rcavictim

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 30, 2008, 04:21:42 AM »
Been working on rotating electrical equipment all my life ( so it seems ).

Some of it on the very cutting edge.

Nothing in my previous experience tells me you can get something for nothing.

Untill proven wrongI will have to say I don't believe free energy is possible.

Scrooge!   :D
-Changfa 1115
-Want Lister 6/1

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #13 on: March 30, 2008, 04:25:32 AM »
Sorry Rob:

Once upon a time I had what I thought was a realy good idea and people laughed at me.

So I put my idea aside.....

Much later I worked on my idea that someone else held the patent on and there was nothing I could do about it.

The Moral is that man is holds the patent and I just have a story.....

rcavictim

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 30, 2008, 04:42:38 AM »
Sorry Rob:

Once upon a time I had what I thought was a realy good idea and people laughed at me.

So I put my idea aside.....

Much later I worked on my idea that someone else held the patent on and there was nothing I could do about it.

The Moral is that man is holds the patent and I just have a story.....

Doug,

I fail to get the connection between a patent on an invention and the existence of a over unity machine.  Now I hope that the fact you 'invented' something once that you later discovered had already been invented and patented doesn't put you off for life.  Same thing has happened to me!  You know the idea of placing a radioactive isotope below the surface of a oil patch drill bit so that once a certain amount of predetermined bit wear occured the isotope would be released into the drilling mud and pumped to the surface where it would be detected by a geiger counter type device alerting the crew that the bit needed changing?  Well that was my own unique idea back in the 70's.  Wrote it up and mailed it to myself to date and protect it.  Well that turned out to be a pretty good invention...for the fellow that thought of it before me and patented it!   >:(

I like the fact that we inventers now have the internet database to do searches and see if our ideas appear unique.  Don't give up, and if people laugh at you don't worry about it, most are total idiots.  Laugh back!  :D
-Changfa 1115
-Want Lister 6/1