Puppeteer

Author Topic: Remember Lee Iacocca?  (Read 14982 times)

mkdutchman

• mkdutchman at gmail dot com
    • View Profile
Re: Remember Lee Iacocca?
« Reply #30 on: March 14, 2008, 11:33:06 AM »
There is a phenomenon where if you put a frog in a pot of cold water and then place the pot on a stove and gradually bring it to a boil the frog will never sense impending danger and jump out. He will stay in the hot water until he cooks to death.  It bothers me a lot when I see human frogs and get ridiculed for trying to point out that they are in some serious hot water.

Michael Moore brings some very interesting observations to the table to try to make you guys THINK.  His are not the only worthwhile films on the forum of which I spoke.  Bob, mkdutchman, YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!!!!!  Put another way, you are my friends and I just wanna save some lives that I feel deserve saving. 

Bob, just because a website has an agenda does not make it a bad place.  Look at this forum.  Listerengines has an adgenda too!

When you are in a fire do you study and dispute the credentials of the messenger while you are choking on smoke, or do you run for your life?  Can`t any of you people smell the smoke yet?

BTW, better get into rapid Boy Scout mode and secure whatever you need ASAP.  There is a major stock market crash a commin` and there`s gonna be hard times ahead for many Americans who`s banking system seems to have started the ball rolling and it has really snowballed as they say.  Other countries will suffer badly also.
I'm sure I appreciate the thought of you making an effort to save us :) but keep in mind if we want to hear how the country is going downhill, economy is bad, bush is evil, blah blah blah, all we have to do is turn on the radio, or read the newspaper, or listen to the TV, etc, etc. It goes on and on. After hearing "wolf" being yelled continuously for the last 4-5 years you sorta start tuning it out..........it all starts to sound the same.

The part about the frog, have you ever tried that? I have not, and I'm curious if it actually works that way or if it's just another figure of speech

When I worked in the local lantern repair shop we had several fires, and I can tell you from experience when one starts you don't stand there choking, you put the daggone fire out, if that doesn't work then you scram........

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 14, 2008, 12:04:12 PM »
Sorry if I interrupted anyone`s REM sleep.  I think I`ve done all I can on this issue by pulling the fire alarm.  It is as we say `an island system` so don`t expect fire trucks and help to arrive.  You guys have to put this one out yourselves.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

atimperson

« Reply #32 on: March 14, 2008, 03:53:10 PM »
Look what congress did last evening they voted the tax break down. This congress is controlled by the democrats, so everything that happens is not one mans fault.He has to have the the other fools to go along with him
Tim ;D

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 14, 2008, 04:11:57 PM »
Look what congress did last evening they voted the tax break down. This congress is controlled by the democrats, so everything that happens is not one mans fault.He has to have the the other fools to go along with him
Tim ;D
And on top of that did you see they voted to not ban earmarks? That really stinks........

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 14, 2008, 05:32:25 PM »
Vote the bastards out... assuming Diebold voting machines don't play a part in the new elected officials.

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 14, 2008, 05:39:55 PM »
Sorry if I interrupted anyone`s REM sleep.  I think I`ve done all I can on this issue by pulling the fire alarm.  It is as we say `an island system` so don`t expect fire trucks and help to arrive.  You guys have to put this one out yourselves.

There are people ringing the alarm on this side of the border too.  Some people listen some don't.  Personally I don't think it's going to be a quick shit hitting the fan it's going to be a slow decline into some very hard times.  Those that have useful skills will be able to do alright by themselves.  I think crime is going to go up quite a bit as the have-nots attempt to relieve the have's of their "stuff" - the ability to protect yourself and property will be a useful one.

I don't think the powers that be will want a quick slide into trouble, they can't manage that.  If it's manageable then they can ship groups of people off to those new FEMA warehouses they built in railroad depot parking lots for re-education.

Mind you, with everyone in the government of US/Canada/Mexico getting on board with the SPP aka North American Union, I don't think the Canadians are going to be immune to it.

Hiding under my rock now

RC

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 14, 2008, 06:02:36 PM »
How do you get an American to dig his own grave?  Give him a shovel and tell hime there is tar sands oil 10 feet below the surface.

How do you get Albertans to dig the grave for those Americans plus their own graves too on Alberta land?  Have the Americans offer Alberta a fixed 50 cent per barrel royalty on that $110/barrel and climbing oil!
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

biobill

• 'riods make good houseguests if fed right
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: March 14, 2008, 07:44:18 PM »
Yep, at $110/barrel those tar sands are starting to look pretty good as are the oil shales in the Rockies I'd expect. Truely a shame that the idea of using less never occurs to most folks but then as we all know, "the American way of life is not negotiable" (R.Cheney). The environment is going to take quite a hit before we're finally FORCED to do the right thing IMO.    Bill
Off grid since 1990
6/1 Metro DI living in basement, cogen
6/1 Metro IDI running barn & biodiesel processer
VW 1.6 diesels all over the place
Isuzu Boxtruck, Ford Backhoe, all running on biodiesel
Needs diesel lawnmower & chainsaw

mkdutchman

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 14, 2008, 08:14:55 PM »
Yep, at $110/barrel those tar sands are starting to look pretty good as are the oil shales in the Rockies I'd expect. Truely a shame that the idea of using less never occurs to most folks but then as we all know, "the American way of life is not negotiable" (R.Cheney). The environment is going to take quite a hit before we're finally FORCED to do the right thing IMO.    Bill

And the most effective way for that to happen is for energy prices to stay high, ( or go even higher)  much as I hate my outrageous energy bills..........

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: March 14, 2008, 11:52:20 PM »
MK,
So so true.  3.00 plus a gallon gas has been around for many years.  Just not here.  At these prices just watch the fat cats jump into alternative fuels,  Its already happening, and the reason is that there is big money to be made.  Our govt may be hopeless, but our economy may bail our sorry asses out yet again.  Dam, means WVO isnt going to be free for long.

Zeke
Changfa type 25hp with 15kw ST head
Lovson 20-2 in blueprinting/rebuild
International TD-15 B  1962 dozer
Changfa 8 hp., 280 A battery charger