Author Topic: would have information on this old Lister Diesel?  (Read 2735 times)

franciscoblue

• View Profile
would have information on this old Lister Diesel?
« on: March 04, 2006, 02:20:01 AM »
I was wondering if there's any place that I could find some information about an old lister diesel engine generator,

I have no information about the engine model but this is all I have along with some pictures.
It's a Lister Diesel engine, with 3 pistons, air cooled, and has a big generator attached on the side,
also it has a kind of serial number engraved on the engine block or I believe it's the head, this number is (353-10600) don't know if that would help, but that's all I got along with several pictures.

I would like to have some information for the generator diagram mainly, and if I could get also some information or manual for the engine, etc. I do have more pictures if they are needed, I'll see if I can attach them here.

here's the link with the Photos for this Lister Generator
link:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frank01_b/album?.dir=/4af7&.src=ph&.tok=phzn5fEBnbcMlLPa

Let me know if this link doesn't work

Thanks in advance and best regards
Francisco

Doug

Re: would have information on this old Lister Diesel?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2006, 07:31:19 PM »
The head was built for 60 Hz service at the factory.....
Thats I can tell you.
Interesting, l good luck

GerryH

Re: would have information on this old Lister Diesel?
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2006, 10:12:20 PM »
fransicoblue
I used to have one like that. I can't remember much. It's 1800 rpm and noisy. Easy to start.
On the lister-petter site it looks like the newer version is called a TR1,2, or 3 series engine.
These engines sometimes were also used in Canada as pumpjack engines in the oil industry, and were converted to run on propane. I have installed one on a well in 1987 that was identical to yours.

The source I would suggest is--
Adora Equipment Inc.
300 Berge du Canal
Lachine , QC H8R 1H3
Tel # 1 800 661-2180 or (514) 366-2180
Fax #(514) 366 2097
parts@adoraequipment.com (they can speak english)

I have a Lister-Petter 6 hp that dropped a valve seat and I had to get a head from these guys
Rob is who I dealt with.

Gerry