Author Topic: Hi,wondering if someone would have information on an old Lister Diesel Generator  (Read 4578 times)

franciscoblue

• View Profile
I was wondering if there's any place that I could find some information about an old lister diesel engine generator,

I have no information about the engine model but this is all I have along with some pictures.
It's a Lister Diesel engine, with 3 pistons, air cooled, and has a big generator attached on the side,
also it has a kind of serial number engraved on the engine block or I believe it's the head, this number is ( 353-10600) don't know if that would help, but that's all I got

let me know if you have any information in regards this engine, I would like to have some information for the generator diagram mainly, and if I could get also some information or manual for the engine, etc. I do have more pictures if they are needed, I'll see if I can attach them here.

franciscoblue

• View Profile
Hey all

here's the link with the Photos for this Lister Generator that I mentionesd above
Hopefully someone would have information in for this particular model
link:

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/frank01_b/album?.dir=/4af7&.src=ph&.tok=phzn5fEBnbcMlLPa

Let me know if this link doesn't work

Thanks in advance and best regards
Francisco

binnie

• View Profile
Hi Francisco,
I have been following the ebay UK offerings for Lister originals, and have seen these types come up forsale on occasion. You might do well to check on the other side of the pond. Perhaps some of our Uk members can help you out. Binnie
Listeroid 12/2 Jkson with 10kw head, for backup now on diesel. Future interests: WVO, bio,  Cogen - Heat exchangers - solar.

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff

looks a bit like this, which is a TR3
--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.

ZLH1564

• View Profile
Your unit looks like it has an Lister SR engine. There are several Lister models that is similar, ST, SR and LD. I'am not shure witch noe you have. They are typicaly made in the 60-70's.  Manuals and part catalouges are often posted on ebay.
They are good engines, starts easy but makes a lot of noise (music?) due to its air cooled cylinders.

Check out the library on:
http://www.internalfire.com/index.php
They have all sorts of manuals online.