Author Topic: New Changfa arrival  (Read 14829 times)

Stan

Re: New Changfa arrival
« Reply #30 on: February 19, 2008, 03:04:04 PM »
I'd be afraid it would be seized up!  Besides, he's a nice guy but squeeks like -40 snow.  He'd want $3000 for it at the very least.
Stan

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #31 on: February 20, 2008, 12:52:44 AM »
Veggie....

Don't worry about, but since you have had it runing already for a while do change the oil now and give it a good run with a load next time...

A couple of oil changes in under 20 hours of use are not going to hurt anything and magnet glued into your oil pan is also a good idea
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

altopro

• View Profile
    • altopro.ca
« Reply #32 on: February 22, 2008, 04:07:32 AM »
I do not think Changfa is ever going to get EPA certifications. I'm told by Changfa that this is not a plan. This is a 3rd world engine and Changfa sells a lot more engines in China and other Asian countries that they could ever sell to the average buy-and-throw-away consumers in America. They are not going to spend thousands making this KISS engine an electro-technologic gizmo only for the few slow-speed aficionados of us. Even VW stopped producing the 2006 Golf/Jetta diesel engines because it needed a major redesign to comply with 2007 new EPA regualtions. China has other diesel engines that seem to have a wider market in America like the 385, 395, 495 as found in generators and Jinma tractors. Of course, these are EPA certified; the market for typical hobby farm boomers wanting tractors and generators is bigger than the one for people like us looking for cheap/fun power! Just my two cents.

BTW, I agree that the engine mounted radiators are not as bad as we think. I sell more and more. It makes the engine a little more Plug-And-Play-And-...Forget. No wonder why the water seal ring is the number one selling part, people just forget to add water in the hopper.

Pat
Pat Ricard
altopro.ca
Engines and tools!
I do ship to USA

altopro

• View Profile
    • altopro.ca
« Reply #33 on: February 22, 2008, 04:08:20 AM »
I do not think Changfa is ever going to get EPA certifications. I'm told by Changfa that this is not a plan. This is a 3rd world engine and Changfa sells a lot more engines in China and other Asian countries that they could ever sell to the average buy-and-throw-away consumers in America. They are not going to spend thousands making this KISS engine an electro-technologic gizmo only for the few slow-speed aficionados of us. Even VW stopped producing the 2006 Golf/Jetta diesel engines because it needed a major redesign to comply with 2007 new EPA regualtions. China has other diesel engines that seem to have a wider market in America like the 385, 395, 495 as found in generators and Jinma tractors. Of course, these are EPA certified; the market for typical hobby farm boomers wanting tractors and generators is bigger than the one for people like us looking for cheap/fun power! Just my two cents.

BTW, I agree that the engine mounted radiators are not as bad as we think. I sell more and more. It makes the engine a little more Plug-And-Play-And-...Forget. No wonder why the water seal ring is the number one selling part, people just forget to add water in the hopper.

Pat
Pat Ricard
altopro.ca
Engines and tools!
I do ship to USA

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: February 22, 2008, 05:46:26 AM »
Pat,

You can say that again!   ;)

All,

I want to be sure I have enough of these Chinese engines like the 1115 for all anticipated personal needs before the doors close on them due to tightening environmental restrictions.

BTW, my new Changfa 1115 sounds really sweet at 1400-1500 RPM under light load of a few kW.  Reminds me of the rattle of a Greyhound bus engine when the buss is parked and idling, and it really is not as loud as I feared it would be, being a direct injection engine.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dualĀ  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion