Author Topic: Yippee, Just got my new Changfa 1115 home!  (Read 26139 times)

Stan

Re: Yippee, Just got my new Changfa 1115 home!
« Reply #30 on: February 18, 2008, 01:38:59 AM »
That's spelled S.T.A.N.  (must get it right in the will)  ;D
Stan

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 18, 2008, 01:57:18 AM »
That's spelled S.T.A.N.  (must get it right in the will)  ;D
Stan

Well gee......that wasn`t expected.  ;D  Tell you what, I`ll hold a lottery.  Fifty bucks gets your name into the hat.  Once I have 100 entries I`ll draw and the winner gets their name on my will.   8)
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

Stan

« Reply #32 on: February 18, 2008, 02:53:46 AM »
That sounds like a good way to get yourself centered in someone's telescopic sights  ::)
Stan

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: February 18, 2008, 03:53:53 AM »
Looks good, you can make toast now off the heat from the fence wire coils.  Two questions I have.

What is that motorcycle I see the rear end of?  It looks quite old.

Why do you have a roll of toilet paper in the toolbox?  are you one of those spoiled types that have a bog right in the workshop?  If so, I'm tres jealous!

RC

Stan

« Reply #34 on: February 18, 2008, 04:22:22 AM »
The "bog" (out west here in Canada we call it a honey bucket) is in the bottom of the toolbox, you know, under the tray with the tools in it  :-X
Stan

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #35 on: February 18, 2008, 04:37:07 AM »
Groover in Norther Ontario, named after the marks in your bumb after use Stan....
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

rcavictim

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 18, 2008, 06:23:24 AM »
Looks good, you can make toast now off the heat from the fence wire coils.  Two questions I have.

What is that motorcycle I see the rear end of?  It looks quite old.

Why do you have a roll of toilet paper in the toolbox?  are you one of those spoiled types that have a bog right in the workshop?  If so, I'm tres jealous!

RC

I am spoiled. I waited all my life for this fine place to work. Before this place I worked out of an insulated transport trailer and a school bus in the yard. My shop has it`s own lew with running water supply from the house well pressure system, flush toilet, sink in counter and cupboard cabinet, mirror, hot water tank (heaters turned off now for many years to save $$$) exhaust fan and a door that closes so when I am alone I can be even moreso.   ;D  It is serviced by its own septic tank that is twice as large as the one connected to my house.  I bought this property because it had a nice 3,500 sq.ft. commercial building and gravel parking lot with its own entrance being used at the time as a kitchen cabinet manufacturing factory as a neighbor to the nice brick bungalow house with its own separate driveway.

I find it useful to have rolls of paper towels at convenient grab places scattered throughout the shop.

I use those recycled 5 gallon steel paint and solvent pails all over as trash cans and put the MDF cutout from making a speaker cabinet on top of one so I would have a low stool to sit on working around the generator.  It is no more sinister than that.

The `motorcycle` is my shiny new red bicycle!  This was my big project at the beginning of last summer but I never quite finished it in time to ride it.  This started as an `84 Honda 360 twin with the engine removed, engine compartment stretched 12 inches and now fuelled by four 105 AH. 100 lb each AGM lead acid batteries, DIY PWM  motor speed control and 28 volt aircraft surplus generator used as a motor.  It has foot pedals with directional sprag and chain drive for human propulsion so it qualifies under the `no liscence, no insurance` rules allowing electric assist bicycles. It will only go the 20 MPH max legal speed limit for this class of vehicle.  The rims and spokes were a bit rusty so I sandblasted them and painted red with the rest of the frame.  It will get a generously sized carrier basket behind the seat so I can use it to go into town to fetch groceries.  It weighs fully as much as 1/2 the weight of many small cars with me on it.  I`m not going to wipe out when I hit a pebble on the road, and I will leave a costly imprint on the grille of any careless motorist who tries to bounce me into the bushes!  In addition to the legally required bicycle bell on the handlebars....bringggg bringggg, it is going to get powerful 12 volt automotive air horns, wireless keychain transmitter automotive anti theft, motion sensing siren alarm, a school bus quality amber conspicuity strobelight and powerful tail and headlamps for visibility. This additional safety equipment already purchased.  The heavy blue starter motor cables from the big Changfa in one of the pictures are running to my bicycle for power!   :D

I would like to build a diesel powered motorcycle based on the 1.6 litre turbo engine from a VW Jetta.  That however will require that I find a much larger, stronger bike as a suitable rolling chassis for a good price and would have to wait until my more immediately mission critical projects can be completed, like the homepower wind turbine and ground source heat pump.  It is highly unlikely that this bike would ever get built since I am running out of the physical ability to build things pretty fast.
« Last Edit: February 18, 2008, 09:46:08 AM by rcavictim »
-Changfa 1115
-Want Lister 6/1

rcavictim

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 18, 2008, 06:26:56 AM »
That sounds like a good way to get yourself centered in someone's telescopic sights  ::)
Stan

You`re probably right.  I was just trying to be fair.  OK, no lottery.....you lose.   >:(
-Changfa 1115
-Want Lister 6/1

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 18, 2008, 03:02:05 PM »
That sounds like a fun ride.  I bet it gets moving off the line pretty quick once you send the juice down to the motor!

Take a full on picture of it for us when you get a chance, it sounds unique!

RC

lev-l-lok

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 20, 2008, 03:26:54 PM »
RCA, I know this is only a temp. setup for testing and run in, but please try to eliminate the cast legs on the engine in your final design. Utterpower apparently had reports of these legs failing in service, and George encorages their elimination. I love the generator.

Paul
Paul

1922 Fairbanks 6 hp Z, Chang Fa ZS1115G / Fuking ST-10, Lister? soon!

rcavictim

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 20, 2008, 03:48:48 PM »
RCA, I know this is only a temp. setup for testing and run in, but please try to eliminate the cast legs on the engine in your final design. Utterpower apparently had reports of these legs failing in service, and George encorages their elimination. I love the generator.

Paul

Paul,

I`d wondered about those cast legs the first time I saw them because they look like a weak link given the expected direction of torque twist and the lack of metal to hold against this motion on this support design.  Thanx for the tip.

As delivered the bolts holding these to the engine needed much tightening.

I anticipate that my run in test setup is not going to withstand a full frontal assault of this engine`s torque capabilities so I am being very conservative on my generator loading, including no applied short circuits to the genny.  I have no desire to launch a new running engine across the room from broken lag bolts or something.
-Changfa 1115
-Want Lister 6/1

altopro

• View Profile
    • altopro.ca
« Reply #41 on: February 22, 2008, 03:37:45 AM »
Don't worry about the 1110 weights
1115 has some comon parts with the 1110.
Your CR Bearing halves should also have 1110 printed on them.
This is the way chinese parts number works!
They would stamp the smallest engine that a part would fit on.
It doesn't mean that this part could not go on a bigger engine.
Check the user manual, many part numbers start by S1100, or even S195 for the fuel filters.

If anyone needs parts, this is a good time before the spring rush and.... my summer vacations!!!!
I have more time these days for making package deals.

BTW, my spring08 order is being manufactured. For the next 7 days or so, I can still add to it. Its the right time for uncomon engines and special parts request!

Pat
Pat Ricard
altopro.ca
Engines and tools!
I do ship to USA