Author Topic: where is everybody from?  (Read 64899 times)

mike90045

• Mendocino Metro
  • Mmmm BBQ
    • View Profile
    • Mikes Solar PV page
Re: where is everybody from?
« Reply #135 on: February 23, 2013, 04:33:05 AM »
Mike 90045
What kind of info would you like?
I have 1 photo in the lister engin forum pics.
Just search for hydraulic starter
should come up    Bob F 

Garden hose water pressure for hydro starter  ?   Hydro motor  # ?
How does it engage the flywheel to spin it up?  Will it crank over compression ?

OneStep

• View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 25, 2013, 01:26:53 AM »
Gulfport Mississippi

SR1

And there seems to be nobody this side of New Orleans And they are a expensive Diesel shop with 9 yo web page on listers

toydiesel01

• View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 28, 2013, 02:01:46 AM »
Mike90045 The hose in the pic was for a temp cooling it is now connected with a radator
12 volt hydraulic pump runs a hydraulic cylinder and a hydraulic motor
yes it will crank over the compression
special made pump (SPI I think), Witt hydraulic motor, Surplus Center cylinder,16.5 " tire, a log splitter controll valve plumbed backwards and the drain back to tank connected the hyd. motor.
When the cylinder extends,putting the pressure on the tire and flywheel the controll lever returns to center position and the tire stays engaged with the flywheel.  After the engin starts I move the lever the other way and the cylinder retracts keeping the tire turning while retracting away from the flywheel.
I have been using this system for 4 years now no problems.
Rember I have a 16/1 which has alot of compression.  I started this engin by hand a total of 3 times and it was a real bear to get over the compression stroke.  1 time it threw me down to the floor because the 1 way dog was still engaged. That is with 2 hands on the handle ,wide foot stance and my wife moving the exhaust lever.  After that I made the hydraulic starter.

sparks

• View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 23, 2013, 02:21:34 PM »
North Longford, in the middle of Ireland, right out to the West of Europe.
No Listers myself, but my sister's narrowboat uses one for propulsion.
Most people over here don't consider Listers in general to be "engines" any more. They're museum exhibits, or mobile exhibits for classic machinery shows.
That's where I picked up my interest in them.
I'm trying to persuade the owner of a retired Lister powered welding plant to part with it...

sparks