Puppeteer

Author Topic: Old Witte Down the road  (Read 11987 times)

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
Re: Old Witte Down the road
« Reply #15 on: January 30, 2008, 04:09:05 AM »
That second link worked.  Neat sound.  Very slow pace.
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

Stan

« Reply #16 on: January 30, 2008, 05:14:14 AM »
Nice engine video, can't even calculate how many revs that engine was pulling but it was plenty slow. 

On another entirely unrelated topic I would last about 10 days in that country with no mountains visible.  How could you ever find your way home?
Stan from the land squeezed between the Purcell Mt. range and the Rockies, never more than 20 miles from a mountain. 

btw...wikapedia is dead wrong when they say  The only large settlement in the mountains is the Panorama Ski Resort,"   Kimberley is much larger than Panorama and has a bigger, better ski resort to boot!!!

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
« Reply #17 on: January 30, 2008, 06:20:17 AM »
there was a 8-10 hp witte very similar to that one at the swap meet at avon park 2 weeks ago///if was for sale but I did not ask the price..I will be back at the same show at the end of feb/if still there I will get pictures and price// the engine ran several days and sounded very good// it was a gas verson that looked almost like the diesel version/I do not see very many with that type radiator//sid

I was told they run about 25 to 30K new. They make a listeroid look like a weed eater motor. They are HUGE. I imagine the cylender weighs as much as a whole listeroid.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2008, 06:22:44 AM by rbodell »
The shear depth of my shallowness is perplexing yet morbidly interesting. Bob 2007

Stan

« Reply #18 on: January 30, 2008, 03:38:59 PM »
Bob, If you go to the Arrow engine site, they have extensive details on their "new" oilfield engines.  Arrow bought the to Witte and other engines and have incorporated many of the design features into their "new" engines.  At least that is what I understand from following the threads on the Smokstak site.

Nice engines.
Stan

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
« Reply #19 on: January 30, 2008, 03:58:46 PM »
Bob, If you go to the Arrow engine site, they have extensive details on their "new" oilfield engines.  Arrow bought the to Witte and other engines and have incorporated many of the design features into their "new" engines.  At least that is what I understand from following the threads on the Smokstak site.

Nice engines.
Stan

I have been to the site, but don't remember the exact details though. I know these things are about as close to indestructable as you can get.  Standing next to one really humbles you after seeing a roid in real life. Over a couple fo years I almost baught one several times but just couldn't see spending more money than I paid for my house and property LOL.
The shear depth of my shallowness is perplexing yet morbidly interesting. Bob 2007

biobill

• 'riods make good houseguests if fed right
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 31, 2008, 01:24:27 AM »
Nice job Bob.  After listening to that soundtrack my 'roid sounds like it's running away on me.
Off grid since 1990
6/1 Metro DI living in basement, cogen
6/1 Metro IDI running barn & biodiesel processer
VW 1.6 diesels all over the place
Isuzu Boxtruck, Ford Backhoe, all running on biodiesel
Needs diesel lawnmower & chainsaw

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #21 on: January 31, 2008, 01:45:13 AM »
So thats what Texas realy looks like?

Nice engine, maybe move it to Italy so it looks like a more natural Texan setting lol.
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

bitsnpieces1

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 31, 2008, 11:26:02 PM »
  Tried both links, but, neither worked.  Could you give me a name to search on?  Les
Lister Petter AC1, Listeroid 12/1, Briggs & Stratton ZZ, various US Mil. surplus engines. Crosley (American) 4cyl marine engine(26hp).

rbodell

• View Profile
    • Life after retirement
« Reply #23 on: February 05, 2008, 12:16:35 PM »
  Tried both links, but, neither worked.  Could you give me a name to search on?  Les

The link http://www.youtube.com/swf/l.swf?video_id=QAfk_5WNxVY just worked for me, you can also search for rbodell and see all my videos. This particular video is titled "Texas Oil field stationary engines" in the list.

bitsnpieces1

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 24, 2008, 02:27:13 PM »
Great sound and shots. 

Thanks for the lead.  I just got a chance to check it out.  For some reason I can't get the links wirh the */swf/* to work, happens with other peoples stuff also, probably some setting on my machine.  The search on your name worked just fine though. 

Les
Lister Petter AC1, Listeroid 12/1, Briggs & Stratton ZZ, various US Mil. surplus engines. Crosley (American) 4cyl marine engine(26hp).