Author Topic: Yet another Newbie  (Read 3382 times)

Fairmountvewe

• View Profile
Yet another Newbie
« on: January 17, 2008, 10:34:39 PM »
Greetings all from Peterborough, Ontario, Canada.  Home of the Fairmountvewe diesel nut.  I am (obviously) new to the site, and after some admin issues getting logged on........well here I am.  I currently have a Yanmar L100 powered 7.5 Kw ST head for backup power and remote farm welding, and got the coolest Christmas present yet - a JKSon 12/2.  I mean how can you NOT beleive in Santa?  The big plan is to get the Listeroid out and running once the weather becomes more hospitable for outdoor hobbies (that's right, no insulated workshop).  Got lots of information from this sight so far, and I look forward to a lot more.  I do have to talk to Stan about his Tamarack base.  Sounds acheivable to a farmer like me.
A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, cooperate, solve equations, analyze a new problem, and pitch manure. Specialization is for insects.

oliver90owner

• View Profile
Re: Yet another Newbie
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 11:10:11 PM »
Fairmountvewe,

Greetings and welcome to you, from Peterborough in England (well, OK 12 miles up the A1 in Stamford).

Enjoy the site.  It is both informative and helpful, but don't be surprised if some threads change topic as they develop.  Seems funny to me but that is often the way it works here!

First thing everyone will say is check for sand and curry in the engine before running it.

I am lucky in that I can obtain genuine Listers so do not realy have the same worries.

Again, welcome.

Regards, RAB