Puppeteer

Author Topic: See my dissassembled changfa Style engine  (Read 6699 times)

its-st

• View Profile
See my dissassembled changfa Style engine
« on: January 01, 2008, 10:32:26 PM »
Hi,

I stored my changfa-style engine at bad weather too long outside. After a few weeks the valves and the seats became rusty and the engine didn't start.  So I disassembled the engine to lap the valves and check the other parts.

Modified my sentences now a bit, I hope you  can understand it now.

Just look!
http://th99.th.funpic.de/lianfa-bhkw/

Greetings from Germany,
Michael
« Last Edit: January 02, 2008, 07:21:22 PM by its-st »

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: See my dissassembled changfa Style engine
« Reply #1 on: January 01, 2008, 10:52:13 PM »
Nice pictures:

This is the first time I see what's inside one of those.

I like the ball bearing govener, its just like Onan used to use on the L series engines
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

jzeeff

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2008, 11:02:37 PM »

Looks well built.  Hey, you really need to use a spell checker - I couldn't make sense out of the comments.

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 02, 2008, 04:17:16 AM »
awe the lowly changfa!

thanks for the pics, after seeing them it amazes me that there is such little interest in these engine's

the quality of construction is quite high, fit and finish very good, and a superior design to that of the lister.

the changfa looks to me better suited to the average diy'er in my opinion

be interesting to run a side by side comparison, pros and cons of the two designs.

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

dieseldave

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 02, 2008, 05:36:27 AM »

SPELLCHECK!!!!!!!       Got to borrow the ENIGMA MACHINE from The Imperial War Museum in London England!!!!!!

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 03, 2008, 09:03:46 PM »
Great pictures.  I have 2 Changfas an 25hp and an 8hp.  I havent gone past the head on either one yet.  Your revised english is perfectly understandible.  ( and much better than my german)

Bob, Having 2 changfas and a listeriod I'm in a good position to do the comparison.  I'm curious too.  The inside of a listeroid is definitely cruder, but they are two very different machines. 
Zeke
Changfa type 25hp with 15kw ST head
Lovson 20-2 in blueprinting/rebuild
International TD-15 B  1962 dozer
Changfa 8 hp., 280 A battery charger

rcavictim

• Certified Generator Head and Grand Master Sparky
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2008, 09:31:35 PM »
Drat,  that link ain`t working for me.  I wanna see the pictures!   >:(

edit.  The link worked for me this time a day or two later.  Nice pictures.  That engine looks unused!
« Last Edit: February 10, 2008, 12:49:52 AM by rcavictim »
-DIY 1.5L NA VW diesel genset - 9 kW 3-phase. Co-gen, dual  fuel
- 1966, Petter PJ-1, 5 kW air cooled diesel standby lighting plant
-DIY JD175A, minimum fuel research genset.
-Changfa 1115
-6 HP Launtop air cooled diesel
-Want Lister 6/1
-Large DIY VAWT nearing completion

M61hops

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2008, 10:43:32 PM »
I have both ChangFa and Listeroid and I like them both!  I started with a Peteroid and it made far too much nois for my neighbors, so I got a ChangFa---same problem with noise level.  Got a Listeroid and now my neighbors don't complain so much!  I think the Chang Fa is the best value by far for the DIY'er, I like everything about it except the noise level.  I have a 175A rated at 6 HP @ 2600RPM.  It radiates noise from several places and would need to be enclosed inside a tripple layer hush box inside a sound proof room for me to use.  The Listeroid is about 1/10 as much noise noise to start with and can barely be heard 50 feet away when the shed door is closed.  With a good muffler on both the exaust and intake the Listeroid makes a dull thump when it fires and the valve train clatters a lot.  I would like to build a hush box around the Listeroid someday if I get some fail safe systems set up for it.  The Petteroid and ChangFa have a very loud bang when they fire and there is an equally loud bang from the camshaft area that I think is the injection pump cam lobe smacking the plunger; there is just no easy way to hide those sounds.  The slower speed of the Listeroid means there is more time to inject the fuel and more time for it to burn which is better for using thicker fuels and reduces the stress on the parts but causes the excessive rotational speed variation through each power cycle.  It seems that life is a compromise most of the time!  Someday I'd like to try and build a good hush box around the ChangFa and use it but it is just soooo LOUD I'm not sure I'll ever be able to use it for a tri-gen project in my neighborhood but I sure do like the design and build quality.             Leland
I pray everyday giving thanks that I have one of the "fun" mental disorders!

draganof

• Keeper of a Mighty Changfa
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 10, 2008, 01:22:22 AM »
Just think of the Listeroid as a quiet well mannered British gentleman and the Changfa as a Fire Breathing Dragon. While the Listeroid will carry a gallon pail of Kw all day long on a sip of fuel, the Mighty Changfa will drag a pallet load of pails the same distance using twice the fuel, making five times the racket and give your neighbors something to talk about! ;D

John
Owner of a Mighty Changfa 195

P.S. Actually I just can't afford a Listeroid.
Changfa 195 and ST10
8kw Yanmar/Kohler