Alternative fuels > Straight Vegetable Oil

Vegtable oil and the EPA, trying to take action.

(1/5) > >>

clytle374:
Well, the EPA like most of the other three letter abbreviated goverment agencies I have problems finding words to describe with other than four letters.

They are non elected with no accountability to the public.  Write rules to force no one to brake the intent of the rules, with zero regard for results.

For example this Aptera manafacture(look at the vehicle specs) had a prototype vehicle getting 230MPG on diesel, but emission rules don't allow for it.  Now there are going to build a expensive hybrid.  At 230MPG the emissions per mile would be extremely low, but cookie cutter rules don't allow it.

The only way to change rules like this are to publicly make them look bad.  Thanks to sites like reddit, we can do that.  Here is a link reddit.com: Vegetable oil is illegal as vehicle fuel. EPA's gestapo type rules, Goodbye inventors.
vote it up and get the word out.

dieseldave:

Only a very small percentage of people are going to go out and puchase the hardware needed to make'veg oil fuel'.  The GOVERNMENT should be more concerned about HEALTHCARE,POVERTY,HOUSING and above all A STEADY SUPPLY OF CRUDE OIL,without having to invade and TERRORIZE 3rd world countries!!!! >:(

clytle374:
Yes, but at the current price of diesel fuel cars can be built to run SVO,  not just conversions. 
Skip the chemical biodiesel process.

Doug:
Gov Rules and Taxes are only for the little people to follow and pay Zeke, rememer that.......

Where I live there are no emmisions tests done on cars and trucks, they say its because outsiude of Metro Toronto there isn't as big a problem. If you ask me the real reason why in the largest city in the north we don't is too many people can see the real source of our local air polution problem heavy industry.

Its realy a lot easier to force change on the little guy because he can't do much about it. Big buisness spends a lot of money on politicians so obviously its the little guy who get squeezed first.
And while we are onthe subject why is it that the stationary exemption for CI engines stayed in for so long? I suspect its because there simply aren't many little guys with large industrial sized diesel plants or ships and trains if you can see where I am going.

The good people at the EPA ( and there are some good ones ) realy think they are doing some good and realy are trying to make the USA a better place. Amagine what things might be like today if nothing had ever been done at all.

A car that runs on VEG straight from the factory?
Thats a threat to the status quo.

Healhcare poverty and housing?
Come on who are you kidding Dave no one realy worries about the proles untill they rise up.
But on that Black day when you and I join that angery mass things might be very different.

rbodell:

--- Quote from: clytle374 on January 01, 2008, 07:10:59 PM ---Well, the EPA like most of the other three letter abbreviated goverment agencies I have problems finding words to describe with other than four letters.

They are non elected with no accountability to the public.  Write rules to force no one to brake the intent of the rules, with zero regard for results.

For example this Aptera manafacture(look at the vehicle specs) had a prototype vehicle getting 230MPG on diesel, but emission rules don't allow for it.  Now there are going to build a expensive hybrid.  At 230MPG the emissions per mile would be extremely low, but cookie cutter rules don't allow it.

The only way to change rules like this are to publicly make them look bad.  Thanks to sites like reddit, we can do that.  Here is a link reddit.com: Vegetable oil is illegal as vehicle fuel. EPA's gestapo type rules, Goodbye inventors.
vote it up and get the word out.

--- End quote ---

Without any links to any EPA or other governmkent site, I have a pretty good idea that probably came from conspiracytheory.com and you know how how reliable that source is LOL.

Biodiesel is legal and I don't see how adding meethanol to it makes it any less dangerous to the environmkent. My guess is that biodiesel if probably more dangerous than WVO.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version