Puppeteer

Author Topic: Ice storm redux - need parts help please!  (Read 2856 times)

cschuerm

• View Profile
Ice storm redux - need parts help please!
« on: December 19, 2007, 01:13:01 AM »
Howdy all.  Finally have the power back on here - yay!  Still lots of folks without though.  May be weeks before all is back to normal.  My 20/2 roid was a life-saver for sure over the last week and performed wonderfully.  I'm now going to take the time to address some of the many things left to complete (before the next storm hits!).  I can't track down the source of the offset idler bolts.  Should I replace the cam gear with a bronze unit also? (and where do I get one).  Also would REALLY like some spare bearings, gaskets, etc, but also havn't found a reliable vendor.  Sure would appreciate some help and some pointers to good suppliers!!!!

Cheers from Oklahoma,
Chris

ronmar

• View Profile
Re: Ice storm redux - need parts help please!
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 01:41:13 AM »
A user on this forum by the name of XYZER makes the offset idler bolts, but I don't think he has started up another production run yet(I want one too:)).  Use the advanced search  function up at the top of the page and search topic "offset" and his user name"xyzer" and you will find some more info.  I have seen and test ran one of his .045" offset bolts it in my 6/1 and the machine work was first rate, even on this "test" sample he called a reject...

George over at the utterpower website may have some bronze idlers and may know where you can get some of the other parts you need.  His E-mail contact is on his website at www.utterpower.com

Ron
PS 6/1 - ST-5.

tnorvold

• View Profile
    • Brookville Trading Company, LLC
Re: Ice storm redux - need parts help please!
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 07:55:28 PM »
Please let me know what 20/2 engine you have and I can check and see if what I have will work for you. 
Thanks!
-Tryg
Check out my website for other information if you are interested.
-651-271-1689(mobile)