Puppeteer

Author Topic: New here...  (Read 7846 times)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: New here...
« Reply #15 on: December 13, 2007, 05:18:31 AM »
I guess about 1/2 the distance, a little less.
They even were going to deliver since I had a buisness at the time but I wasn't home that day so the engine and other crates sat in the warehouse free of charge that week end ( not sure if that is normal for a consumer delivery ).

I learned over the years not to deal with some of the bigger shippers because they subcontract shiping to other mickey mouse outfits that smash your stuff up.

When I purchased my ST head from ALTOPRO I requested it be shipped APEX but Pat got a Better deal with his regular guys ( I excepted, 100 dollars from Valdore to the nickel city seemed like a good deal ). Guess what they gave it to MDS for final shipping and they smashed it.
I made a nice little crate out of oak and 5/8 OSB and sen the end bell back to Pat. Again we shipped whith his guy who handed it off the MDS and they had trouble smashing it so the punched a hole in it. Thankfuly Pat packed it in lots of stretch wrapin the crate.

Doug
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

Stan

« Reply #16 on: December 13, 2007, 05:52:26 AM »
I think one of the problems we have with shipping to Kimberley is that it isn't a bigger place like Sudbury.  When there's only 1 main trucking company that goes here you are sort of stuck with what they want to charge you.  There's other benefits though, like when people you know stop you on the street and let you know that they saw your son at the local drive in with a couple of his buddies.  Not doing anything wrong, just wanted to let you know they were looking out for him. Small town, gotta love it!
Stan

Grael

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 14, 2007, 01:54:22 AM »
Does anyone know roughly how much it would be to have a 'roid shipped from Ontario to Alberta?
GTC 8-1

"Traveling 33 RPM in an iPod world"

Stan

« Reply #18 on: December 14, 2007, 02:25:40 AM »
Call a trucking company, give them the weight, size of pallet, height and the 2 postal codes.  they'll be able to give you an exact cost.
Stan