Author Topic: Real Petter electric shutdown  (Read 4791 times)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Real Petter electric shutdown
« on: December 07, 2007, 04:49:38 AM »
I have some photos of AV1 engines with a solonoid that cracks the decompressor ( or holds it closed not very clear ).

I have seen this now on three AV1 but all slightly different in construction so I can't be sure if one or any of these were ever done by Petter.

Could someone with an electric Start/Stop Petter ( AV PH PJ ) clear this up?

Other opinions welcome.
To me this doesn't seem like its a healthy thing for the exhaust valve to be cracked one under even no load at full speed.

I'd also like a closer look at the Petteroid system used on the Volvox if anyone has got one.

Doug
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

listerdiesel

Re: Real Petter electric shutdown
« Reply #1 on: December 10, 2007, 06:25:50 PM »
A lot of the Lister solenoids were designed and made in-house at Dursley.

Petters would have used either CAV product (there were hundreds of variants) or may have had them made by Simms, the other diesel/electrical group in the UK.

I'll see if I have anything at all on that, maybe the stuff we got with the AVA Mk1 and AVB engines will have something in there.

Peter

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2007, 12:33:02 AM »
Thank You Peter....

listerdiesel

« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2007, 09:04:29 PM »
Thank You Peter....

CAV Type 263 Solenoid

Comes in 40 variants, 6V, 12V, 24V, 32V, 55V, 75V operating voltages, various body lengths.

Continuous operation or short-term operation

etc etc

20mm max travel

Peter

listerdiesel

« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2007, 09:25:49 PM »
My head is slightly 'adrift' tonight, I am doing the French version of the company website on one machine, responding to posts on this forum on another, my son is asking me about beam tetrodes because he is knocking up a valve (tube) amp at the factory, and on top of all that lot I have hot a load of ebay stuff that I am watching and selling!

My main group of PC's sit on a KVM switch, I don't jump up and down to different seats....  8)

Peter

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2007, 11:16:27 PM »
My French uses too many words that can't be used in polite French society ( much like my English lol )...
The SILPAC at work sprung a leak last week ( we call an SCR stack or mercury arc rectifier a valve or  more often stack, I call them valves more because I like to confuse the college students and I want people to think I'm a plumber ) Everything else with a cathode/anoid/grid here is a tube....

I don't jump up and down much since its hard on me knees...

Thank You Peter for taking the time....