Puppeteer

Author Topic: 1970's Krislar but looks like a Petter??? What is it?  (Read 31298 times)

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
Re: 1970's Krislar but looks like a Petter??? What is it?
« Reply #30 on: May 04, 2008, 04:49:56 PM »
Keep me posted I would like one if it can be arranged
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2008, 08:33:52 PM »
  Supposed to go see the engines when this influenza plague ends around here.
  Apparently the other two engines are Listers. One is an aircooled four cylinder engine and gen from some WWII era application. The Other Lister is a twin  but details were vague. 3rd is the rebuilt shortblock which is the last remaining known parts from the other two Krislars?    I hope there is a data plate on there.

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #32 on: May 13, 2008, 01:36:32 AM »
Keep me posted.....

I have the bug too.....

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: April 28, 2009, 06:09:42 PM »
  Have the injection pump and injector finished.
  Turns out I was thinking way wrong about the pump. It's only an A series with the 7mm stroke. And will accept a 6,7 or 8mm element. Corrected the pump by installing the 8mm element rather than the rusty crusty 7mm found inside. 
  The injector had the wrong tip and a weak spring. The tip was changed to the one used on the PJ series of Petters which works with the same 8mm pump used on both the PH and Pj's. The tip will be a little large for the PH unless we can cram a PJ's 3-13/16" bore piston into an overbored PH wet sleeve. Is so the rack travel will just have to be limited to prevent black smoke.
  Valves and seats were a total write off. Somebody had went wild a couple of times grinding the seats deep. And the valves to a razor's edge.  There are some new Manley Pro Flow small block chev valves laying around here. We plan on cutting a couple to fit.
  I'm having a tough time convincing my machinist to cut that big ugly lump out of the intake port to make it match the exhaust port's shape.
  The cam and followers going to be sent out to be trued up as well. The cost is surprisingly low.
  12HP without excessive smoke at 1800rpm would be nearly enough to handle the 10KW generator project if we can swing the 3-13/16 bore.

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #34 on: April 29, 2009, 01:55:48 AM »
Your way out there still.

Keep me posted.

I still have injectors and pumps if you find you are in need.

Infact I have alot of things here if things don't work out as planned so don;t be afraid to ask

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: April 29, 2009, 06:11:10 PM »
  That was a quick reply. Traffic has slowed down some around this site.
   I hope the nickel market is still decent
   I'm trying to remember the status of your engine? One running and some spare parts if memory serves? I wish schedules had worked last summer to pop by for a visit.
    I'll admit pushing the envelop a bit with the engine but when in there anyways, why not. I"ll have to ease that sleeve out and measure the wall thickness.Perhaps the PD's 3-1/2" bore piston will be lots upsizing from the 3-7/16" ? It should fit as the PD also used the same 4-1/3" stroke as did the PJ.
  The engine should breath better without that lump closing off 1/3 the intake port. It's not going to cost very much to run a ball mill or cutter down the port when already in the machine shop.

horsefly76

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: May 06, 2009, 06:53:04 AM »
  I just seen a 6HP or so original British built Petter AV1 with the Krislar name in the castings? It's complete, not bashed up and runs smooth under load without smoke. It was supposed to have been one of the last three new petters shipped into Ontario from England, so the story goes. It's been running a milking machine since the 1970's. Being upgraded by a Yanmar to run a larger milking machine and cooler with the convenience of electric start.  $250.00 cash.
  A Krislar Petter?
There is one for sale on E Bay right now...   eBay item:KIRLOSKAR DIESEL ENGINE, 1CYL, AIR COOLED MODEL TA1 NOS (#310085064573)
2007 Metro 6/1 Running on Biodiesel (Thank's Sam!)
4 Hp Air Cooled Yanmar Clone
6.5 Hp Kubota EB-300 D
2007 kawasaki KLX 250 Dual Sport
2003 Jetta TDI 5 Spd.
1971 Lister SR1
2 Lister Petter LPA3

Doug

• View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #37 on: May 08, 2009, 05:49:41 AM »
This TA1 has been reslisted on Ebay so many times over the years its turning into a joke.

There were two one crated in good order the other smashed up a bit but functional

Not sure KRISLAR is a 1970s KOEL product. The firts KOEL engines I can track were sold under the KOEL brand name inthe 70s but they withdrew from the North American market. They were selling a HAZ type engine at the time