Author Topic: idenifiying help for a lister diesel crankshaft  (Read 5019 times)

barry100

• View Profile
idenifiying help for a lister diesel crankshaft
« on: November 22, 2007, 07:58:19 AM »
Hi all
I need to Idenify a single cylinder diesel  lister crankshaft  part No 201-10008 I have most of the books but can't find the number, (they list a crank c/w weights) , crank diameter is is 2 3/16" it is a  SL or LR ( or something like that), It's in a crankcase and I want to rebiuld it, is it posible to fit  wrong parts if i don't find out the right  model of the  engine. thanks for any replys in advance
Barry

listerdiesel

Re: idenifiying help for a lister diesel crankshaft
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2007, 04:51:00 AM »
The crankshaft is not sold under that part#, so it is not easily identified.

Might be worth contacting Lister-Petter in the USA at Olathe:

Lister Petter Americas Inc. 815 E 56 Highway Olathe KS 66061 USA. Phone: +1 (913)764-3512 Fax: +1 (913)764-5493 Toll Free: 1-800-888-3512

or at Dursley in the UK:

Lister-Petter Ltd. Long Street, Dursley, Gloucestershire, GL11 4HS, UK. Phone: +44 (0)1453 544 141  Fax: +44 (0)1453 546 732

Peter

clytle374

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2007, 04:56:49 AM »
I lived in Olathe for years, about a mile from that plant. It had closed years and years ago, are they operating there again?
Maybe I should send one of my old buddies there and see if they have anything laying around.

listerdiesel

« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2007, 08:02:10 AM »
Those details are current and off their website.

Peter

clytle374

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2007, 05:23:33 PM »
Heck I drove by it about 15 times last spring. Its right next to the police station, no wonder I didn't notice it.

barry100

• View Profile
Re: idenifiying help for a lister diesel crankshaft/ checking governor weights
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2007, 11:49:11 PM »
Hi All
Thanks for the replys , I found another crank that had the same No was marked for a SL,  now I'm rebiulding the engine and want to check the governor weights settings , It states measure at the " spring groves", there are no spring groves (and no springs ) on these weights , On the SR 's  you measure  1/2 " from the weights  carrier base plate , would that do
Barry

4x4_Welder

• What do you think I do?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 30, 2007, 10:30:12 PM »
You have a variable speed engine by the sounds of the governor.  You line up the flat faces of the weights, and then set the pump rack to the calibration marks.
I might be able to take a picture of my manual, I don't have a scanner or I would post a copy of the page.  It's under the section on setting of fuel pumps and governor weights.
I love the smell of diesel smoke in the morning!

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
« Reply #7 on: January 05, 2008, 09:30:59 PM »
If you are using the Lister instruction and parts manuals with your SL then that is about all I've seen available in print for learning the internals. We still stock all the parts for this model, let us know if you need anything you can't find for it, or some kind of interpretation of existing manuals.

Best Regards,

Gary gsj@gci.net
diesel-electric.us
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations