Author Topic: Knoladge of D4C series 3 Hystat Catapiller?  (Read 2967 times)

xyzer

• View Profile
Knoladge of D4C series 3 Hystat Catapiller?
« on: October 22, 2007, 06:24:12 PM »
 ??? I’m looking for any knowledge of the D4C. My friend was walking it home after doing a 1 minute job for me. It did a brake lock up while rolling along; the park light stays on no matter where the e-brake lever is set. It has pressure at the filters and controls. When we try to move it the pump whines or cavitates. All other hydraulics work OK. We are in the process of getting a manual. It acts like it is not getting pressure to the brake release for some reason. I'm asking this here because you just never know who has been there done that and we could narrow down our investigation till the manual arrives.
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

listerdiesel

Re: Knoladge of D4C series 3 Hystat Catapiller?
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2007, 07:16:50 PM »
Have a look on:

http://www.acmoc.org

I'm a member of ACMOC, and most of the forum guys are pretty helpful, just like here :-))

I have a small collection of CAT parts books, and a couple of 1Y73 engines, but don't have enough depth of knowledge to help you directly.

Peter

xyzer

• View Profile
Re: Knoladge of D4C series 3 Hystat Catapiller?
« Reply #2 on: October 22, 2007, 11:56:28 PM »
Peter,
Thanks for the tip! I'll post at the site and see how goes.......you never know about things like that! There are lots of mechanisms sensors switches pumps and motors between the control knobs and the tracks.....but it sure is nice with the enclosed climate controled cab that makes it hard to work on.
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA