Puppeteer

Author Topic: Buying a 20/2 or 24/2 lister in Michigan  (Read 5007 times)

rl71459

• View Profile
Buying a 20/2 or 24/2 lister in Michigan
« on: August 07, 2007, 01:26:23 AM »
Where can I buy an 20/2 or 24/2 Lister (at reasonable shipping cost)
I live in north eastern michigan (Lower Peninsula)

dieseldave

• View Profile
Re: Buying a 20/2 or 24/2 lister in Michigan
« Reply #1 on: November 06, 2007, 03:34:33 AM »

Buy from Canadians that sell them on this site. Go to lister market place on this site.

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2007, 03:48:06 AM »
The way the US dollar has been shrinking you might want to consider an engine that was already bought in US dollars so the price shock won't be as bad. The exchange rate is 1.06 USD buys 1 CDN dollar. Most Canadian engines are already priced a lot higher because venders have to sell stock purchased with a weaker Canadian dollar 1 or as much as 2 years ago.

FYI have you noticed that Canadian Listeroid venders aren't advertizing prices lately?
This is hurting them too....

Doug
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

listerdiesel

« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2007, 06:01:25 AM »
FYI have you noticed that Canadian Listeroid venders aren't advertizing prices lately?
This is hurting them too....
Doug

The pound to the dollar is pretty good for us as well, $2.08470    to the £ this morning....

We'll be over in Phoenix, AZ next week for a short break, hoping to get some warm weather!

Peter

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2007, 06:16:14 PM »
I was just at the bank this morning and I believe she told me the USD was trading for .94 CDN.

That's kind of scary, on the up side I am planning on going to the USA this spring to see my Dad so its cheaper now than it has been in....
Ever I think!

I hope things stroighten out down there soon because this is not healthy. We are starting to have an Inflation problem in Canada so the Bank ( to try and cool the ecconomy its "Petro and metals" dollar powered right now may have to raise interest rates, if that happens and the dollar goes much higher it realy going to hurt a lot of companies that do buisness witht he US and retailers with stock that was bought over 6 months ago....

Doug
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2007, 07:37:26 PM »
It's going to get worse before it gets better I'm afraid.  You can only print up so much money before you have to pay the piper (or the Chinese who hold a lot of the US debt).

These generators are starting to look better and better for the time when electricity is so expensive you daren't turn on a light.

RC

Hibbo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2007, 10:06:30 PM »
Hibbo  -  Enjoying the Scottish 'summer'

dieseldave

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2007, 02:33:28 AM »

YIKES! HIBBO!   Better buy that Listeroid and build a CO -GEN for when S**T HITS THE FAN!