Puppeteer

Author Topic: NEW VIDHATA LISTER TYPE GENSET  (Read 12520 times)

taeuber

• View Profile
    • Coppermine gallery
Re: NEW VIDHATA LISTER TYPE GENSET
« Reply #15 on: August 07, 2007, 08:17:25 AM »
Hi Mark,

sorry for the question but I'm not a native speaker.

Some explanations needed here.
[...]
The starting and stopping.
Both stopping and starting is done by the control panel. Stopping is achieved by the use of a solenoid that closes the rack. This allows the control panel to monitor coolant temperature and lubrication oil level. It also means the genset can be started and stopped by a timer or an inverter.

Mark

What do you mean by »closing the rack«? What is this rack thing?

Thanks
Lars

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 07, 2007, 12:10:59 PM »
Hi Mark,

sorry for the question but I'm not a native speaker.

What do you mean by »closing the rack«? What is this rack thing?

Thanks
Lars

It's the device on the injector pump that when moved increases/decreases/stops the fuel flow to the injector.  It's a rod or a bar which controls the engine RPM.

peterako

• grazy dutch in Greece
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 07, 2007, 07:19:56 PM »
Let me update about the price from this setup.

See the following by email:

We have two generator models in our range with a third coming very soon.
The multi-speed costs £3950 inc. VAT and delivery within the UK. ( or 5828 Euro or 8048 Dollar )
The Compact is £2950 inc. VAT and UK delivery. ( or 5827 Euro  or 6000 Dollar )
I can deliver direct to you to keep delivery costs down, may even be able to do a discount via VAT.
A prototype of the third genset model in our range is currently being sold on eBay. Please take a look at item 25015039872

For that price you can by two units plus spare parts strip total rebuild paint and still have money.

I am looking around for a second order but i will order again in india

Greetings from Greece

Greetings from Greece
lovson 6/1 DI backup for my new house using solar heating and power plus a 1000W wind generator.

JMW

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 08, 2007, 12:41:59 AM »

For that price you can by two units plus spare parts strip total rebuild paint and still have money.

Peter,

That is very easy to say, and completely wrong.
Even if you were talking about vanilla Lister Gensets, your statement would not be true.

But these machines are not vanilla Indian Lister Gensets. There is a significant amount of bespoke engineering gone into them, and all that costs money.
Here are a few of the differences between these gensets and the vanilla Indian Lister Genset:-

1) No Listeroid manufacturer offers a multi-speed engine. None of them will offer a warranty on one engine being capable of runnng happily, safely and efficiently at both 400rpm and 1000rpm (and several speeds inbetween).
2) No Listeroid manufacturer provides a mechanism to set the throttle at these different speeds, other than supply you with different governor springs. Lovson were however, willing to develop a mechanism.
3) No Listeroid manufacturer provides a solenoid mechanism for automating the fuel shut-off.
4) Without the automated mechanism for stopping the engine, no other manufacturer offers Listeroid Gensets with comprehensive control panels.
5) No Listeroid manufacturer guarantees their engines are free from casting sand. Under the contract for the manufacture of these gensets, Vidhata starts with cast parts that are free from paint, filler, and then they proceed to steam clean them before assembly and painting. I have photos of each stage of manufacture proving that there is nowhere for the sand to hide.
6) No manufacturer makes any measurement or adjustments of the injector trigger pressure, and most don't even accurately set the fuel timing and valve clearances - something that has to be done to ensure these engines can cope with the different speeds.
7) The crankshaft and flywheels are dynamically balanced - to help with high speed running.
8 ) Top quality components have been used throughout, including highly durable water pumps and radiators.
9) The alternators are also very good quality. They are part permanet magnet to ensure that the alternator will always self excite. They also have a good overload capacity. They are far superior to Chinese ST types.
10) There are many little extras like sump magnets and a cartridge type oil bypass filter.
11) These gensets are sold as multi-fuel machines. The price includes all the extra components required to run the engine reliably and efficiently on vegoil, including:- a replacement COV plug machined and fitted with an automotive diesel glowplug, two PTC (self regulating) heaters on the high pressure fuel line, one band heater for the fuel filter, and a coolant/fuel flat plate heat exchanger. The control of the heaters is integrated into the control panel.
12) It has an upgraded exhaust muffler.
13) You get a Volvox Engineering 2 year (5000 hour) warranty.

I may have missed out some features, and I may be a little out of date on what some manufaturers are offering, but my point is simple. You do get plenty for your money. Perhaps I should have just attached a brochure.

Hope this helps,

Mark

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #19 on: August 08, 2007, 12:52:58 AM »
Very nice looking machine....

Could you provide the same info on the Petteroid?
Also bore stroke, bearing types start stop technical details ect ect ect.

It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

JMW

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 10:51:04 PM »
Doug,

Yes, I could provide information about the Petter model, but I feel I'm pushing the limits of what is 'interesting, relevant discussion' and 'trader advertising'.
Unless a moderator tells me otherwise, I would be happier just to say - please go to the website or contact me off-group.

Mark

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2007, 04:09:43 AM »
The Moderator won't mind you discussing the details of a product when some one asks.
However if you would like to start a thread in the Petteroid section lots of people such as myself would be interested in the technical details of your engines since so few are imported now.

Further more you seem to be selling the only one with the electric start and stop assembly and I'd like to see more.

I have seen your site and would like to have an open discussion here in the forrum about your product like other venders have done.

I promiss to be nice......

Doug
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken