Author Topic: Water/ propane injection of wvo fueled listeroids  (Read 17792 times)

skeeter

• View Profile
Re: Water/ propane injection of wvo fueled listeroids
« Reply #30 on: August 13, 2007, 05:05:57 PM »
Well, after 28 hours running, It seems to have corrected (at least the symptoms) the problem.

phaedrus  - Good point regarding injector fouling. I guess I started to focus on valve seating due to my earlier observations, and suspected drop in compression. The compression drop (valve seating) could be an effect of the injector fouling. Next time I will visually check spray of injector, and/or swap with other cylinder.

Regarding RUG, I have heard abouts its use also. Something else to research.

Mind you RUG is sort of an oxymoron.. either its regular or it's unleaded right?

It's hard to tell what to call it now. I think regular is unleaded now ???

Overall, I think an additive in WVO (RVO, SVO) is probably a good thing to minimize coking issue. I will probably keep doing what I'm doing until follow-on research tells me to do something different. Their's alot to learn.
PS 12/2 & 7.5kw ST Head
195 deg. F T-Stats
Motorguard Bypass Filter
xyzer's Dippers
1100 hrs & counting

skeeter

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 31, 2007, 07:08:54 PM »
Update: It has now been about 130 hour of run time since I started using acetone as a wvo additive (2oz./10 gal). Compression is remaining high in both cylinders, fuel consumption remains normal, and exhaust is remaining clear. Overall, engine is running consistantly good.
PS 12/2 & 7.5kw ST Head
195 deg. F T-Stats
Motorguard Bypass Filter
xyzer's Dippers
1100 hrs & counting

skeeter

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2007, 03:09:03 PM »
Update: Not too long after my last post, I started noticing compression drop in the crankside cylinder. Again, I pulled the crankside head and sure enough, it was coked. After decoking, I turned my attention to the less then ideal value seat finish I had mentioned earlier in this thread. I polished the value seat and valve mating surface using 1000 grit abrasive paper, to acheive the best finish I could by hand and eye. Afterwards I cheched sealing using compress air, then continued until I got the best result.
I re-assembled and was back up runing the next day.

It's been a month now since decoking and refinishing, and cylinder compression has remained high. I measured value lash this morning, and clearances have remained were they were set in first week of September. So after 1 month of daily runs, no measurable coking on the valve seats and hopefully problem solved. I'm still running well and keeping my fingers crossed. Anyway, I hope I'm at the point of being able to go 500 - 600 hours between decokings with two tank wvo system. Again, I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Regarding use of acetone. My results show its use will not overcome fundamental clearance/ mating issues. Pretty much common sense. It may have allowed for easier decoking, and longer decoking intervals, with better running, when a fundamental problem existed. I'm still using it, although I have thoughs of cutting back on its use just to see what happens. On the other hand, why break what appears to be fixed.
PS 12/2 & 7.5kw ST Head
195 deg. F T-Stats
Motorguard Bypass Filter
xyzer's Dippers
1100 hrs & counting