Author Topic: Its here!!!!!  (Read 4737 times)

Ironworks

• View Profile
Its here!!!!!
« on: February 08, 2006, 03:58:26 AM »
I just picked up my PS 6/1 from the freight terminal.  I got it unloaded ok...almost ran out of boom on my shop crane.  I had the engine on the back of a 4x4....should have taken a 2 wheel drive.  I can't uncrate it yet because I have to build a small wagon to sit it on so I can drag it in the garage, those iron castors on the crane don't roll too well in the gravel.  I'm pretty sure it will be safe in the drive way for now....if someone can get it in their truck , I guess they can have it...lol.  Ironically, Georges Lister longevity CD came in the mail today also.  I'll be content reading over it the rest of the night.  I dont think I'll sleep much tonight, I feel like a kid on christmas eve again.

Todd

kyradawg

Re: Its here!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2006, 04:22:20 AM »
Congrats brother

Peace&Love :D, Darren

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2006, 05:57:07 AM »
Welcome brother IronWorks. Just follow the instructions on the CD before you fire it up and get ready to hear the sweet sound of your very own Lister! :D
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2006, 02:00:23 PM »
Ironworks---

If you think you got it bad now, just wait til it cranks!!

Listers are like 'tater chips....one ain't NEAR enough!!
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

rocket

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2006, 05:17:19 PM »
the way i move a lister is by taking it apart then rebuilding it elsewhere  ;D

sawmiller

« Reply #5 on: February 08, 2006, 05:34:56 PM »
Ironworks---

If you think you got it bad now, just wait til it cranks!!

Listers are like 'tater chips....one ain't NEAR enough!!

Kind of like a 6 year old kid waking up christmas morning. But i'm 55 year old kid got 3 listers wish i had 3 more.

Ironworks

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 10, 2006, 11:40:37 PM »
OK......Its in the garage and I tooks some internal pics with the digital camera.  I think I'm going to have to do some work before running it.  I found some gravel in the sump and the crosshatch pattern on the cylinder isnt anywhere near 45 degree but,  the good thing is, there are no verticle scars.  One thing I am worried about, and some of you might be able to tell me if you had a similiar incident, is the crank handle was turned inward on the flywheel shaft on the camshaft cover side of the engine.  It banged the camshaft end the whole journey to my garage.  It's pretty marred up on the end.  Do you think the camshaft can take this kind of abuse and still function ok?  I'm proly going to tear this completely apart anyway, just wonder if i chould order a new camshaft now.  I was also contemplating taking the case to a machine shop for a soak in the chemical tank to clean the paint off.  I need some advice on coatings.  It seems to be common practice here to coat the inside of the engine case (where I work if this happens you just junked a case) so I was wondering if anyone had powdercoated their case?  I don't know how well powder coating holds up to oil.  I know it doesnt hold up to gasoline, found out the hard way with the gas tanks on my motorcycle.  I was also wondering what your thoughts were about the amount of heat put on the machined surfaces of the case during the baking process.  I know heat will distort machined surfaces fairly easy, we have to protect them with dry ice when welding near them.  I just dont know how hot those ovens get?  Well I think I'm going out to take the head and cylinder off..... any comment are appreciated.

Todd

GuyFawkes

• View Profile
    • stuff
« Reply #7 on: February 10, 2006, 11:45:40 PM »
My local powdercoater (where I get my bikes, minus petrol tanks, yes, I tried it too... lol) says 195 to 220 celcius for the cook,, anything up to 150 afterwards in service is fine.
--
Original Lister CS 6/1 Start-o-matic 2.5 Kw (radiator conversion)
3Kw 130 VDC Dynamo to be added. (compressor + hyd pump)
Original Lister D, megasquirt multifuel project, compressor and truck alternator.
Current status - project / standby, Fuel, good old pump diesel.