Puppeteer

Author Topic: CENTRIFUGES  (Read 9311 times)

hotater

• View Profile
Re: CENTRIFUGES
« Reply #15 on: June 22, 2007, 02:36:37 PM »
I've done everything but TEST my centrifuge, so I can't tell you how good it works,  BUT---

The plans for a scalable centrifuge are on line and for sale.  I have the guys name and addy here, but won't put it on the site...email me.

I've built my centrifuge 'bowl' which is by far the most complicated to build part of the whole thing, from several parts instead of machine from the billet.  There are pictures posted here:

Using the same design for the bowl, but driving it from the top could result in a commercially viable size unit driven by a lawn mower deck.

You HAVE to have one of two factors working in your favor:  Diameter of the pot  OR rpms.

Heres a simple calculator--

http://www.centrifuge.jp/cgi-bin/calc-e.cgi 

Make the pot as LIGHT as possible and still be strong enough to take the strain. Mine is overdesigned, but since the pot is supported by bearings on BOTH ends, it can be heavy and not matter as much, but just remember--- the pot is shrapnel should things go wrong.  You might survive being covered in high speed oil spray, but chunks in the chittlins ain't good.   :o

I machined everything so I wouldn't have to balance it.  Welding fabrication would me much easier, but then it HAS to be dynamically ballanced or you're asking for trouble.

Check well drillers for scraps of large well casing to make a scatter shield for it.

A 24 inch pot under an old lawn mower could clean MANY gallons of oil an hour and run for hours on a quart of fuel.   ;)

OH-- Dont expect to take carbon *black* out of a hydro-carbon.  It ain't going to happen.  Used diesel oil is black and new oil ain't.  That's all there is to it.
« Last Edit: June 22, 2007, 02:40:30 PM by hotater »
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

theboss

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 02, 2007, 05:04:56 PM »
Japanese twin tub washing machines have a top loading centrifugal dryer. One needs to fit a cylindrical vessel on the same mechanism and will be set to go. Done this some time ago and was quite successful. Easily takes around 20KG load.

rbodell

« Reply #17 on: July 02, 2007, 07:49:44 PM »
Japanese twin tub washing machines have a top loading centrifugal dryer. One needs to fit a cylindrical vessel on the same mechanism and will be set to go. Done this some time ago and was quite successful. Easily takes around 20KG load.
How many rpm?

taeuber

• View Profile
    • Coppermine gallery
« Reply #18 on: July 02, 2007, 09:20:29 PM »
Hi all,

just for your information:

http://www.simplecentrifuge.com/

Lars

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 03, 2007, 12:51:10 AM »
THAT'S the plans I have here.  Those asking for email addys check that page.
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.