Puppeteer

Author Topic: Wonderfull News  (Read 10384 times)

dieselbill

• View Profile
Wonderfull News
« on: February 02, 2006, 10:42:09 PM »
   On the data plate of my beautiful Powerline 12-2 diesel engine, I noticed the following statements:
“ Biodiesel Engine for stationary use only”
“Fuel: Biodiesel”
   How wonderful, how environmentally friendly, how progressive, how beautiful. These wonderful companies should be rewarded with support through purchases of their engines:
1. OldstyleListers.com (Andree International)- Importer
2. Anand Enterprise – Exporter
3. Power engineering company – Manufacturer

This is the first time I have specifically seen a diesel engine designated as a Biodiesel Engine on it’s data plate. Congratulations!!!

Happy Listering
Willem C. Buitenhuis

THIS POST AND USER UNDER REVIEW FOR POSTING AS A CUSTOMER WHEN IN REALITY THEY ARE A SELLER
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 02:31:11 AM by t19 »

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
Re: Wonderfull News
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2006, 10:52:45 PM »
Maybe it is a way around the EPA regs?
Tom
2004 Ashwamegh 6/1 #217 - ST5 just over 3k hours.

kpgv

« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2006, 12:15:19 AM »
Hi All,
On the face, this sounds like a "solution", BUT.......I have (and I hope youall have) read the EPA regs as best I can and there is no quarter I can find there regarding "Bio" fuel anything. Their stated categories with respect to these engines are defined by the intended use (stationery, mobile, motor vehicle) and type of engine Spark vs compression) ignition. The reason, I guess, the plates on these say "Stationery Use Only" addresses this. I HOPE I'm wrong, but  :P I SMELL SMOKE :P!!!!!
Please, all, peruse the regs and tell me I'm wrong. I really hope I am.

Kevin

The word "progressive" ALWAYS WORRIES ME ::) ::)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 01:38:05 AM by kpgv »

wldhoss

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2006, 12:26:46 AM »
No, Bring back the "FuKing" Engine.  Those are the guys to reward with support.

JohnF13

• View Profile
    • woodnstuff
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2006, 01:49:56 AM »
Let me see now - Willem is not a common name but yet - same name as Diesebill and the proprieter of Old Style Listers......Coincidence?  I think not........

As for the EPA regs - they make NO distinction between BioD or DinoD - they are all lumped under "compression ignition"  The only good news is those of us in Kanukistan are not being subject to the same restrictions (yet) - stationary engines are still allowed.
John F
2 x 6/1 JKSON.  1 x 10/1 JKSON, 1 x 27hp Changfa, 1 x 28hp AG295, 1 genuine 1939 SOM, a couple of others in test mode and a Hercules Multu-fuel still in the box.

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2006, 01:52:35 AM »
See Kevin,

I was right, if you have an engine that does not fit their category it is not subject to the regs.  8) Or maybe just wishful thinking. ???
Tom

quinnf

« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2006, 02:20:48 AM »
Wildhoss, I'm with you.  Anybody who has that kind of a sense of humor deserves our support even if they FILL their engines with sand.  "Oh My Heck!" as the modern decendents of my great-great grandfather who had 6 wives (at the same time) say when they are particularly provoked,  I'd have paid $150 more for the engine if it had FuKing embossed all over it!  I mean, Listeroids are sort of a counter-culture microtrend.  Most of us are interested in them because they are the direct opposite of what we have in our cars.  If my Ashwamegh wasn't so darn beautiful and if it hadn't run so well, and if George hadn't been such a gentleman before and after the sale, I would have returned it to him and said, "I don't want no stinkin' Ashwamegh, I want a Fu-King Diesel!" 

But then again, a rose is a rose is a rose.

Quinn
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 02:42:02 AM by quinnf »

quinnf

« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2006, 02:27:18 AM »
...and no, the EPA regs that single out compression ignition engines specificallly prohibit biodiesel, WVO, vegetable oil, and even HYDROGEN fueled engines (how do you spell "#@it for brains" which I understand is a Military term)?  So you can kiss your dreams of getting an engine delivered through a loophole goodbye.  However, our friend John Ferguson up Canadia-way is presently sitting in the catbird seat 'cause he's not subject to the evil EPA, who will be among the first group up against the wall when the Revolution comes.  So buy one from him and when you return through your chosen port of entry, when they ask you what that shiny new green diesel engine is doing in the back of your pickup, you can just respond innocently with, "Oh, I just carry it around."

Quinn
« Last Edit: February 03, 2006, 02:44:34 AM by quinnf »

kpgv

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2006, 02:42:32 AM »
"I just carry it arouund for de Weight, EH!"
Soonds OK to me ;D ;D

Kevin

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2006, 02:48:05 AM »
"What??? That old thing??  I just drive around with it in the back for traction in the snow!!"

There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

quinnf

« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2006, 02:49:44 AM »
Well, yeah, it's winter and you need the traction on the ice.  My pickup never rode so good as it did when I was driving back home with my brand new Listeroid holding the back wheels (well, actually the tires) on the pavement.  And also, I can't ever recall it taking sooooo long to get home from there!

I don't know about the '-eh.  I think that works well going North, but going south, you'll probably meet someone born and raised in Memphis.  Probably would get more traction with a "y-all" every now and again.

Quinn

quinnf

« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2006, 03:13:23 AM »
And dear Mod, since you mention it, I'm heading for yet ANOTHER fun-filled week in Madison on Sunday.  I understand there's no snow there now, so I told the Travel Desk to route me through Chicago, to insure that the mother of all Arctic blizzards decends on the vicinity that day.  We in Southern California really LIKE snow!

And if anyone has any spare rain, send it our way.  If we don't get any in the next 6 weeks, we won't get any at all.

Quinn

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2006, 03:45:09 AM »
I have lots of snow, using the ski-doo everyday, wish there was more ;)

There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

quinnf

« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2006, 05:07:35 AM »
Ok, I thought I read it rained up your way.  Well, I'm still banking on a blizzard mucking up the air traffic at Chicago.  Last time I connected through Dallas and though I forgot to take my coat, I really didn't need it.  Just didn't dawdle on the way to and from the car.  Made me darn glad the days of vinyl upholstry are long gone!

Quinn

Tom

• Green power is good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2006, 06:19:09 AM »
Well a good and perhaps even believable story might be "I'm bring it to/home from an antique engine show". That would cover why it is so nice looking.
Tom