Puppeteer

Author Topic: My Future Plans for My Lister  (Read 3008 times)

dieselbill

• View Profile
My Future Plans for My Lister
« on: February 01, 2006, 08:45:12 PM »
A. My health is much better now that I have a Powerline 12-2 Lister Diesel engine.
1. Mentally: I am much happier now that I physically have my Powerline Lister 12-2
2. Physically: I exercise daily cranking my 12-2. If I need more of a workout, I turn the exhaust decompression levers to cylinder compression and turn the compression changeover knobs out half way. This gives some compression leakage, enough, to cause some resistance to turning over the engine with the cranking handle. This gives a good workout for each arm and the rest of my body. OOOH, That sound!!

B. Future Projects: I plan to use my 12-2 to do the following:
1. Use the engine cooling water to heat a hot tub. AAAAH!
2. Use the exhaust pipe heat to heat a sauna. OOOOOH!
3. Generate electricity, save $$$.
4. Use the engine cooling water to heat the vegetable oil for making Biodiesel or run SVO that is hot. Clean Air!

C. I can picture myself sitting in the hot tub listening to that wonderfully relaxing mechanical and exhaust note of my 12-2.
AAAH, HAPPINESS!!!

Happy Listering,
Willem C. Buitenhuis

BruceM

• View Profile
Re: My Future Plans for My Lister
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2006, 09:02:41 PM »
Sounds like the Lister music has charmed you as it has me, Willem.

I'm in the process of cutting back on my solar system plans because my Lister "needs regular exercise".
Given the price of solar panels and the life cycle costs of batteries, this also makes a lot of economic sence.  Solar will handle the little loads like lights, circ pump, boost pump.  But I'm not going to size the panels or batteries for the occasional long stretch of cloudy days (which is rare in AZ).

Best Wishes,
Bruce

n2toh

• View Profile
Re: My Future Plans for My Lister
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2006, 01:05:39 AM »
installing a solar system here in NJ can be used as a backdoor means to establish net-metering for a Lister here, Plus the State will foot a large chunk of the install bill.
About 60 years is all it takes to make science fiction a reality.