Puppeteer

Author Topic: Slowspeedengines forum  (Read 16148 times)

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Slowspeedengines forum
« Reply #30 on: June 06, 2007, 05:57:23 AM »
Doug:

i look forward to the day you and i can sit down and have a beer,, just not a warm one! (not sure about canadian's, are they like the english?) :)

as long as you tell me in advance if you are going to sock me in the nose,, i am getting old and slow so i need warning :)

bob g

otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

rmchambers

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 06, 2007, 02:57:12 PM »
Doug:

i look forward to the day you and i can sit down and have a beer,, just not a warm one! (not sure about canadian's, are they like the english?) :)

as long as you tell me in advance if you are going to sock me in the nose,, i am getting old and slow so i need warning :)

bob g

I think we'd all want to sit around and have a beer.  And the English don't drink WARM beer, it's cool/cellar temperature.  The English don't need to serve  beer so cold you can't taste it BECAUSE it tastes so much better than the beers you have to serve ice cold because they are skunky if you don't.

sid

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 06, 2007, 05:20:09 PM »
nothing better than a warm beer in the afternoon when the temp is in the 90,s///I can see the advertisement now/ we have the warmest beer in town//about 1 week in the south would make you change your mind//you would shoot the first person to give you a warm beer// sid
15 hp fairbanks morris1932/1923 meadows mill
8 hp stover 1923
8 hp lg lister
1932 c.s bell hammer mill
4 hp witte 1917
5 hp des jardin 1926
3 hp mini petters
2hp hercules 1924
1 1/2 briggs.etc

mobile_bob

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 06, 2007, 05:27:50 PM »
i have to agree with Sid

warm beer is nearly useless, except maybe as something used to cook with :)

or maybe if you were dieing in the desert,, but then again folks have been known to drink urine as well :(

but to be honest i am not much of a beer lover anyway

i'll take a bacardi and coke please

bob g
otherpower.com, microcogen.info, practicalmachinist.com
(useful forums), utterpower.com for all sorts of diy info

dieselman

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 06, 2007, 11:05:47 PM »
Now that we completely off the original subject, how about a roid convention?

We could have multiple adult beverages.

We could impress each other with roid trivia, and pat each other the back emphasizing our kowlwdge of these magniificent engines.

And we could also invite George to show him what great guys we are!

This could be a lot of fun.

Jim

1995 F350 7.3L Diesel
8.3 ISC Cummins
14/1 Lovson (in progress)

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 06, 2007, 11:07:59 PM »
I'm in!
Zeke
Changfa type 25hp with 15kw ST head
Lovson 20-2 in blueprinting/rebuild
International TD-15 B  1962 dozer
Changfa 8 hp., 280 A battery charger

dieselman

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 06, 2007, 11:44:46 PM »
OK thats 1

1995 F350 7.3L Diesel
8.3 ISC Cummins

sid

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 06, 2007, 11:46:58 PM »
I will cool the beer/ as for a get together/// a few of the members are trying to get together the first week end  in july at the denton n.c engine show //alread have several coming// if in the south and interested//show up//I should have  a petter or two and a lister// engines optional but b/s manditory///sid
8 hp stover 1923
8 hp lg lister
4 hp witte 1917
5 hp des jardin 1926
3 hp mini petters
2hp hercules 1924
1 1/2 briggs.etc

dieselman

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 06, 2007, 11:57:39 PM »
First week in July is a little too soon for me (I have plans with my significant other to travel to my farm in Texas)

What we need is someone to step up and be the cruise director.

Zeke?

Jim
1995 F350 7.3L Diesel
8.3 ISC Cummins

sid

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 07, 2007, 12:04:56 AM »
maybe something like a double decker bus with a dance pole and open bar with cold beer on tap///wishful thinking// if one thing I learned years ago,, never take the significant other to an engine show if you want to have a good time//give her the credit card and send her to the mall // usually she out spends me 2 to 1 // but she can not count engines as long as I keep most of them green// they all look the same to her../sid
8 hp stover 1923
8 hp lg lister
4 hp witte 1917
5 hp des jardin 1926
3 hp mini petters
2hp hercules 1924
1 1/2 briggs.etc

dieselman

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 07, 2007, 12:23:30 AM »
Great but where are you going to find a double decker bus we can use?

It better be really big.

I think I would like something with a bed so I don't have drive anywhere when I'm done having fun.

Jim
1995 F350 7.3L Diesel
8.3 ISC Cummins

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 07, 2007, 02:13:49 AM »
Jim,
Mabe next year.  Too many irons in the fire now.
Zeke
Changfa type 25hp with 15kw ST head
Lovson 20-2 in blueprinting/rebuild
International TD-15 B  1962 dozer
Changfa 8 hp., 280 A battery charger

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #42 on: June 07, 2007, 02:51:34 AM »
Bob beer is one of the great loves of my life....

Some deserve to be cold some a little closer to room temp, most are seasonal. But I think I need to introduce you fellows to Scrunpy ( a cider ), some fruit beers from Belgium and Meads. I also have a weakness for some eastern Eroupean wines ( mostly Georgian ) that you guys might not take too on the count they tend to be sweet enough to make your teeth rot.

One thing I don't do is sock people in nose, too hard on the hands lol.

Since we are on the topic of hands I have a picture I'd like to share with the group of my hands. We discuss safety on and off and I'd like to explane this picture.
http://www.putfile.com/pic.php?img=5623980
Last week I did a splice on  portable power cable ( think giant extension cord with conductors the thickness if your index finger ). The cable is laying in water, ore, hydraulic oil, and probably piss. I use a Plymouth rubber company tape splice kit, a Tyco heat shrink, solvent wipes, 3M Mastic 2229, 130c tape, vinyl just to name of few of the products and assorted stuff. About 15 min into the job my hands start to burn and swell and now the flesh is pealing.
Moral of the story wear gloves, work gloves nitril gloves or what ever. Normaly I do because I have sensitive hands and solvents and petroleum products do awful things to my skin. I got this way from years of not wearing gloves and now I have to do things that would be much easier bare handed like peel cables gloved. And try taping things with a pair of nitril gloves on and see how easy that it?
I took them off and low and behold my old friend alergic reaction came by for few days of missery.

Wear your gloves boys lol!!!!

Doug

Roid convention sounds cool, wouldn't it also be nice to link up with another group of open fly wheel collectors? If your going to go to the trouble of a get together why not a share a little space at a bigger event?
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken

sid

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 07, 2007, 03:07:36 AM »
I see a few listeroids at almost every engine show// most people do know about them//very seldon do i see an original//a lot of people think they have one but it turns out their memory is not what it should be///I usually take one listeroid and an antique engine and most people can not tell them apart//from  listening to people. their father or grandfather had one just like that with flywheels 10 feet tall just to pump water// must of been one large well// Doug.. are you sure that was all you done to you hands//sid
8 hp stover 1923
8 hp lg lister
4 hp witte 1917
5 hp des jardin 1926
3 hp mini petters
2hp hercules 1924
1 1/2 briggs.etc

Doug

• Why don't pictures ever work for me?
    • View Profile
    • Doug's Petteroid Stuff
« Reply #44 on: June 07, 2007, 03:14:10 AM »
I hear a joke in that, yes its just my hands and yes I'm fairly sure of the cause I do this to myself about once a year ( but I try and keep my hands clean and if I notice trouble wash up and get some ice ). I got off lightly this time. The winter of 99 I was off work two weeks after handling some mine crude and cleaning a substation. My hands swelled and pealed several times untill they were red and raw. My doctor was baffled since it looked more to him like a chemical burn.

Doug

Quote for Quin
"I've gotta wonder what this is REALLY all about.  Seems much ado about nothing. "
Oh yes seems to me you told me some time ago when I let slip the exisitance of the Slowspeedengine forum here you told me to keep quiet and not bring it up in case people got the wrong idea about what was going on there. I lost the message but I think I can still find the post here.....

Its all out in the open now, where it should have been from the start I guess.
« Last Edit: June 07, 2007, 03:59:51 AM by Doug »
It's a Good Life, If You Don't Weaken