Author Topic: Experience purchasing a Lister engine  (Read 5673 times)

dieselbill

• View Profile
Experience purchasing a Lister engine
« on: January 30, 2006, 01:32:02 AM »
Sirs,
   I have purchased a Powerline 12-2 Lister Type Twin made in India By Power Engineering Corporation and exported by Anand Enterprise and imported by Old Style Listers owned Willem C. Andree. (Oldstylelisters.com)
   I have to say this Lister Type Diesel is the Prettiest and highest quality I have found yet. It is truly a worthwhile investment. I submit this information to the lister engine forum for the interested.
Good Listering,

Willem C. Buitenhuis
;D

MIspecial

• View Profile
Re: Experience purchasing a Lister engine
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2006, 12:10:00 AM »
Dieselbill, I heard that you had a nice young man deliver that engine of yours. ;D  Good to see you on this forum.  Matt

dieselbill

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2006, 09:34:02 PM »
A. My health is much better now that I have a Powerline 12-2 Lister Diesel engine.
1. Mentally: I am much happier now that I physically have my Powerline Lister 12-2
2. Physically: I exercise daily cranking my 12-2. If I need more of a workout, I turn the exhaust decompression levers to cylinder compression and turn the compression changeover knobs out half way. This gives some compression leakage, enough, to cause some resistance to turning over the engine with the cranking handle. This gives a good workout for each arm and the rest of my body. OOOH, That sound!!

B. Future Projects: I plan to use my 12-2 to do the following:
1. Use the engine cooling water to heat a hot tub. AAAAH!
2. Use the exhaust pipe heat to heat a sauna. OOOOOH!
3. Generate electricity, save $$$.
4. Use the engine cooling water to heat the vegetable oil for making Biodiesel or run SVO that is hot. Clean Air!

C. I can picture myself sitting in the hot tub listening to that wonderfully relaxing mechanical and exhaust note of my 12-2.
AAAH, HAPPINESS!!!

Happy Listering,
Willem C. Buitenhuis

DirtbikePilot

• Spinning flywheels are cool....
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2006, 05:12:53 AM »
Oh damn... stop it!! You're going to make me go out and buy a twin if you keep that up.  ;) The sound of the 20/1 going at 480 rpm is really cool too.
Currently no listeroids, sad........ very sad.....
Just some other antique engines ranging from 40 pounds to 33,000 pounds each.