Author Topic: Fuel pump / oil pump cam profile question.  (Read 1855 times)

Reno Speedster

• View Profile
Fuel pump / oil pump cam profile question.
« on: May 07, 2007, 07:00:33 PM »
I am putting my Ashwahmegh 6/1 back together after a long bit of off time.  It came with  the normal problems, sand in the case and bad adjustments along with a broken wristpin circlip which scarred the cylinder wall.  I tore it down and made sure it was right.  During the process I came across an origional Lister cam cover and oil pump so I modified the case to take the pump and I am planning using the pump to run the oil through a filter and squirt it directly onto the cam lobes. 

During the "break in" run the roller on the fuel pump plunger froze causing the "roller" to scar the cam lobe.  I want to have it reground and use the English roller which, as old as it is, is better than the stock Indian one.   I am wondering of there is a difference between the profile of the injector lobe used on the Aswamegh (which did not come with an oil pump) and the engines which do come with an oil pump?  This one looks pretty square, more suited for the roller than the small "shoe" (?) on the top of the oil pump plunger. 

Also, is there a source for these lobes?

Thanks.

Morgan