Lister Engines > Listeroid Engines

Ashwemagh 6/1 inspection

<< < (5/5)

Reno Speedster:
Quinn:
   I'm planning on hanging the cricket bat over the lister in the shed, just in case I feel the urge to play.  Actually I was taught how to play cricket by an old professor who used to play for Queensland.  In normal life I am an historical archaeologist specializing in military sites.  I have been excavating the first comunications system into Alaska ( built by the US Army Signal Corps in 1900) for the last four summers.  I am finishing my Ph.D. and teaching at the University of Nevada, Reno (hence the "how I am wasiting my time instead of writeing my dissertation" tag line on the site)  The shot of me in the log cabin and in the canoe were taken on the Yukon River last summer.  You can tell that they were taken in Alaska because my slug gun is never out of my reach up there.  Very big bears in Alaska!

I am planning on putting a rubber pad under the engine and would be interested in hearing what people have used for this.  I don't have alot of choice but to put things on solid rock.  One there is alot of it on my place and two what isn't rock is old (10,000 years +/-) lake bed which isn't too stable when it gets wet. 

Fiber reinforcement is the way to go with concrete.  Its basically small pieces (about an inch long) of very fine monofiliment.  You can defeinately see it when you are handeling the mud but I have had no trouble with it when finishing.  Some of the heavier stuff can stick out and look like your slab is growing hair but it can be singed off once the slab is dry.  The fiber gives the concrete a great deal of strength and in some applications can allow you not to use steel (though I always do as you can see in the pictures). 

I have the sleeve and the casting soaking in some wd 40 (not the best stuff but not very harmful to rubber)  I think a little jigging and a properly fitted driver will get it out no problem.  I've just been busy as you can see!

And yes, of course I have a truck...and  69 International Scout.  Try the personal message function on the site.  I didn't know it existed but I got one from "hotater" so I know it works.

Take care.

Morgan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version