Author Topic: Shipping Original Engines to USA  (Read 16147 times)

Doug

Re: Shipping Original Engines to USA
« Reply #15 on: March 22, 2006, 12:26:14 AM »
Both would be unwelcome in the wee hours of the morning lol.

Doug

solarguy

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2006, 06:56:21 PM »
I definitely want SOMETHING.  Maybe that's an original that I rebuild.  Put me on the mailing list or whatnot.

You guys are also importing Listeroid stuff now as well right?

If you were to include, for a fair price for both parties of course, a new piston, rings, , valves, con rod bearing and piston pin bearing so I would have most/all of the neccessary parts for a rebuild, this could work out beautifully.

A.  Is that a possible scenario?
B.  What might that parts package cost?
C.  Maybe you could give a price for various parts and we could buy stuff a la carte??

Finest regards,

troy

Mr Lister

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2006, 07:29:29 PM »
Troy & List,

We can certainly source original UK Lister engines of 5hp and 6 hp.   

We can diagnose the basic faults and supply new Indian spare parts to repair them.  Typically heads, cylinders, ancillaries, but since these are all available at low cost from India it would make for an economical rebuild.

We can put together a spares kit - just like we get included with the new engines.   

Piston rings
Oil seals
Head gasket
Bearing shells
2 spare valves
etc

We can offer spares "a la carte" but shipping costs for spares alone might be non-economical for you.

We would like to try and get at least 10 complete engines into a 20' shipping container, so that we can bring the costs down for the client.

Having a genuine Lister crankcase with 1950s serial number and "R.A.Lister & Co" molded into the crankcase door, bearings, flywheels and cast iron rocker cover would go a long way to convincing the EPA that it is an antique.

From what I have seen from the spare parts, they are of top quality, it's just a shame that their engine builders don't take the care when putting them together.

A discussion with a friend today suggested that most of these Indian manufacturers started out as spares parts companies - that's what they are good at.  I cannot fault the parts.

For photos of my pet Lister CS 6hp, go see my site www.powercubes.com/listers_1.html   

That engine is typical of a good quality Brit.

regards,

Ken

Mr Lister

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 29, 2006, 09:32:11 PM »

t19

• Tanks and Lister... Heavy Metal
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 30, 2006, 03:31:48 AM »
I'd love to keep it in the commonwealth
There is plenty of room for all of Gods creatures... right next to the mashed potatoes...

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 30, 2006, 04:32:00 AM »
I'm thinking it should move West....  I sent you a message, Ken. 

Look at the cast iron base that has a 'socket' to fit the Lister and is extended outward with two mounting pads for the pump....AND the original cooling tank and fuel tank with stand.   ;D   I'm in lust ..... again!
« Last Edit: March 30, 2006, 04:40:18 AM by hotater »
7200 hrs on 6-1/5Kw, FuKing Listeroid,
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

solarguy

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 30, 2006, 05:39:34 PM »
I will need at least a 6.  Can the 5 be upgraded???

Can you give an approximate cost for a new head, piston, rings, bearings and seals so that I could get an idea of total cost.  Knowing full well that the shipping cost, along with the cost of the original engine is not a firm number at this time.

And how do we deal with shipping from this end?  Who unpacks the goodies?  Do I need to drive out and collect it?

Finest regards,

troy

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 30, 2006, 06:00:32 PM »
troy---

I'm in the process of getting some things shipped over here, too.  I think right now we just concentrate on filling a container in about six months and have it shipped to a central port....Houston seems a natural.  From there we could have an agent unpack and store, or have the whole container hauled somewhere else.
    My brother in law works at the port of J'Ville with a dock in Houston.  I'll see what it takes, once the ship hits the sand, to sort it out. :D
Currently running PS-Kit 6-1/5Kw...and some MPs and Chanfas and diesel snowplows and trucks and stuff.

Thomas

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 03, 2006, 08:22:14 PM »
How meany on the West Coast are there of us and how meany would be intersted in Ashipment to Frosco,Portland Or, Or Seattle?  I for one am and this might be better for us if there are enough of us. Thomas

Mr Lister

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 03, 2006, 08:54:37 PM »
Thomas & Westcoasters,

My plan is to ship initially to Houston.

If this is successful, a further shipment could be made to the west coast.

Alternatively, who here understands the costs of US road freight.   How much to haul  say 10 tons from Houston to Portland calling in at various points along the way?

Ken

lev-l-lok

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 03, 2006, 09:36:32 PM »
Greetings all, as a newb to the forum, dare I suggest Detroit, Chicago or Milwaukee as a ship to point. These would have the most central location for shipping to any point in the USA. OK, so I live in northern Illinois, and I'm watching E-Bay England for original Listers, that shouldn't keep anyone from checking out the milage, eh.

Paul
Paul

1922 Fairbanks 6 hp Z, Chang Fa ZS1115G / Fuking ST-10, Lister? soon!

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 03, 2006, 09:39:05 PM »
OK folks,  it's time to gather a load up and send 'em this way.  I  already have a corner of the container reserved for this---

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=6618114101

I *told* you I was gonna own one of these elegant old girls!!   ;D

Mr Lister

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 03, 2006, 10:26:07 PM »
Well Done Hotater,

I told you there would be a skirmish towards the end ;-)

Have a safe trip, and contact me when you can regarding collection.

Ken

Halfnuts

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 03, 2006, 10:44:57 PM »
Ken,

There's a whole lot of nothing between Houston and Portland as the crow flies. 

hotater

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 03, 2006, 10:47:27 PM »
HEY!!  I resemble that comment!!   ;D