Author Topic: Kubota Engines Manufactured by Changfa?  (Read 14130 times)

Biloxibad

• View Profile
Re: Kubota Engines Manufactured by Changfa?
« Reply #15 on: March 29, 2007, 03:13:37 PM »
The I beam frame is pretty light ,   It does have some rubber mounts ,    which do a good job of reducing the transfer of the engine vibration to the framd..  And yes it is a vibration,  in the horizontal plane with the cylinder.. when running at 2200 rPM  it moves about 1/8 inch each stroke. for some viscious movement, so anything that is not heavy cast and absolutely attached securely will vibrate loose,  sheetmetal attachments fatigue really quickly.  Thus the fuel tank and the radiator dieing so soon.  I will admit that I am a bit concerned about longevity of some other parts ie fuel lines etc but so far so good.

Steve
Metro lister6/1
Jiang Ling zx1125
ST15
Baldor 20 3 ph 3450
Baldor 10 Hp single phase 1750

europachris

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 29, 2007, 03:56:41 PM »
http://n9zes.zippyvideos.com/ is two videos of my R185 ChangFa running, one with the stock "muffler" and the other with a custom manifold/muffler setup.  The muffler is a NAPA muffler for an '87 Sentra, I recall.  I have the number of it somewhere.

Hi Chris,
I noticed your gen head... Who makes it and here did you get it?

Thanks John

It's a Markon brand head, BL105 series http://www.cumminsgeneratortechnologies.com/en/products/markon/b105/.  It appears that there has been some corporate changes recently, as it didn't used to be affiliated with Cummins.  But, I purchased my head directly through the company.  At the time (around '00) they had a stock of these 2 bearing heads as surplus and I was able to buy it for $170.  I had a 5kW version quoted about a year ago and it was around $330, IIRC.  Not a bad price.

The box on top is something I added.  It came from the factory with just flying leads (4-wire).  It is brushless design, 3600 rpm.  Well made, but not nearly as solid as a ST style head.  But, it will run at full load all day long and just get warm to the touch.  It moves a lot of air through it to keep cool

Chris

fattywagonman

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 29, 2007, 07:09:07 PM »
Thanks a bunch Chris....

GCHandy

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2007, 06:55:44 PM »
Hey Guys
This is my first post, have been here for awhile, with so much information here it is hard just trying to take everything in. I am running a Changfa 1115 with a 10 K  head, mine  does not move at all . I have it on  4 inch channel welded  together. Since I want to be able to move it around the shop, ( till my gen. room is done )  I put in on wheels  I got from Harbor Freight, wheels  where real cheap about 2.99 each. When I first started it up I thought it would walk around but it didn't.
GCHandy