Puppeteer

Author Topic: listeroidsusa  (Read 4315 times)

rjcroc

• View Profile
listeroidsusa
« on: March 21, 2007, 11:51:32 AM »
Under latest member:listeroidsusa

Thats great to see, welcome back Mike

Rick
P.S. did you ever get those gib key puller in?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2007, 11:55:23 AM by rjcroc »
"THE GREATEST DANGER FOR MOST OF US IS NOT THAT OUR AIM IS TOO HIGH AND WE MISS IT, BUT THAT IT IS TOO LOW AND WE REACH IT"  MICHELANGELO
6/1 METRO, 6/1 LISTER SOM, 6/1 LISTER, 1 1/2 HP LISTER D, LISTER PUMP,LISTER PETTER LPWS4

rmchambers

• View Profile
Re: listeroidsusa
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2007, 02:01:55 PM »
Seconded, glad to have you back Mike.

RC

okiezeke

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2007, 02:41:24 PM »
Mike,
You're one of the leaders in the listeroid group, and you've done what nobody else has been able to with the EPA problem.  It's good to have you back where we can all benefit from your expertise.  And also, I want to buy another 'roid, (that ISN'T full of sand and grit!!) And you're my best hope.  WELCOME BACK.
Zeke
Changfa type 25hp with 15kw ST head
Lovson 20-2 in blueprinting/rebuild
International TD-15 B  1962 dozer
Changfa 8 hp., 280 A battery charger

kltrider

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2007, 05:42:37 PM »
Even though I'm a newbie I recognize the contribution Mike has made to our listeroid world. I'm glad you're back, and wish you hadn't ever felt the need to leave. I for one would welcome the latest news about the efforts you are making on ALL our behalf. BTW, any of those 4/1-8/1 mini listeroid GM90s left?

villageidjit

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2007, 09:37:33 PM »
All of you and particularily you, Mike, have no idea how happy I am to see you back!

I have read (lurked) for a long time.  Your ability to bring a relatively low technology engine to the standards required by perhaps the most arrogant and hardest to please beauracricy (durn, were is my spell cheker wen I need it?) on the entire planet is amazing!! 

It could have been done many times by many others BUT only YOU had the drive and detirmenation to do it!  Many, many thanks.

I know from the bottom of my heart that you will distribute a lot of information that will help us all and I do not mean information that will allow another importer "free" information on how to import - that you have paid for (and probably paid dearly for) although it will most likely help some of us "one-time" importers to figure a work-around.

Thanks again and so glad to see you back!

Vic
Somewhere in the Ozark Mountains, the Village Idiot is missing!

listeroidsusa1

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 21, 2007, 11:47:22 PM »
I received an email yesterday from India and my Tier 1 shipment is scheduled to be shipped from India this week. They also sent me some photos which I have posted at www.photobucket.com under the album "listeroidsusa". They did in fact have a new set of flywheel patterns built that will be much heavier than the standard flywheels in the Lister SOM tradition. There are some good photos of the new 4/1 engines also. They built a massive set of flywheels for those engines. Regardless of what some may think modifications CAN be had in India for much less trouble that one could get them done here in America. You CAN have custom parts built to specification, which I have had done for years. My goal is to have the GM-90 line be the very best obtainable.

Most of the engines are equipped with electric start, alternator, and radiator. I have a very few of the smaller engines available but I will fill current orders with deposits on them first before I sell any of the other engines. All of the larger engines are spoken for.

The engines and the gib key pullers should arrive in 3-4 weeks.

These engines are rated for Tier 1, which under the transition rules the importer could self-certify by the submission of a passing emissions test. These engines are lightly modified and achieve Tier 1 with careful tuning ect. Tier 2 is another matter. Tier 2 engines require a 25% reduction in NOx which is considerably more difficult to achieve. The ace-in-the-hole I have is a good 5 gas emissions tester and my database of modifications and whether they were effective or not. Sometimes different combinations that worked singly backfired when used in conjunction with other modifications. As part of the EPA requirements all parameters will be sealed with tamperproof lead seals, such as timing, injector pressure, rack travel, ect. If the seals are defeated the emissions warranty is void and the owner/operator is responsible for the tampering. Sorry about all this bit you gotta CYA.

BTW, importers are subject to other considerations other than EPA. For example, I received a bill from the NC Department of Revenue for sales tax on ALL of the engines I imported even though they were all shipped out of NC and were not subject to sales tax in NC. NCDOR has sent me a bill for $2200.00 for sales and use tax, $800 penalties for not paying the taxes which I didn't owe, and $91 interest. How is that for not paying taxes you didn't owe? Engines sold over the internet and/or shipped out of state are not subject to sales tax. NCDOR seems to think that I've still got a container of engines stuck back for my personal use. I pay my taxes but I feel a "screw you buddy" deal coming on.

Mike Montieth

dkwflight

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 22, 2007, 12:34:20 AM »
Hi It sounds like you will have to get your records together and prove what was sold out of state.
I'm sure this is going to be a headache. Maybe they will accept a print out, with recipients addresses?

Good Luck
Dennis
28/2 powersolutions JKSon -20k gen head
Still in devlopment for 24/7 operation, 77 hours running time

listeroidsusa1

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 22, 2007, 01:42:57 AM »
yep, thats all we need, Big Brother tracking who has what, where..........and even if I did ship the engines out of state did the buyers report THEIR tax to Their state government????????

cujet

• Lister power rules!
    • View Profile
    • www.cujet.com
« Reply #8 on: March 23, 2007, 02:23:58 AM »
I knew you were holding out on us Mike. You have that container of new engines in your backyard.

Congrats on the EPA cert. Good luck with the taxman. By the way, my dual pulley is working out just fine. I do need to add a gen head flywheel to it to help with flicker.

Chris
People who count on their fingers should maintain a discreet silence