Puppeteer

Author Topic: Info on Lister with radiator and fan  (Read 10355 times)

xyzer

• View Profile
Info on Lister with radiator and fan
« on: March 12, 2007, 03:11:32 AM »
Lister guys,
I'm looking to design a radiator and fan set-up for my Listeroid like the Listers had mounted on the side with a belt running from the crank to the fan. Anyone have any pictures or schematics of there setup? It might save me some time and mistakes since they already thought it out.
Thanks
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Power Solutions portable 6/1
Z482 KUBOTA

binnie

• View Profile
Re: Info on Lister with radiator and fan
« Reply #1 on: March 12, 2007, 03:24:59 AM »
Dave,
Try this one,
http://www.stationaryengineparts.com/erol.html#463X0
Or are you looking for an original? binnie
Listeroid 12/2 Jkson with 10kw head, for backup now on diesel. Future interests: WVO, bio,  Cogen - Heat exchangers - solar.

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2007, 04:06:05 AM »
binnie,
That is what I had in mind! Have you ever ordered from those guys? The water pump might come in handy to put some heat in the shop.
Thanks
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Z482 KUBOTA

biobill

• 'riods make good houseguests if fed right
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2007, 09:58:44 PM »
Dave,
  I was out to Sam Crosby's warehouse in September and he had several Metro 6/1's with the set up you're looking for. He might be worth a call though I question the durability of such an arrangement.
                                    Bill                             
Off grid since 1990
6/1 Metro DI living in basement, cogen
6/1 Metro IDI running barn & biodiesel processer
VW 1.6 diesels all over the place
Isuzu Boxtruck, Ford Backhoe, all running on biodiesel
Needs diesel lawnmower & chainsaw

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2007, 12:56:04 AM »
Bill,
I also have a few issues with it. I'm thinking I will end up doing my own system. I found a radiator off a Metro that will fit nicely but I won't mount it to the motor, I'll mount it like the originals except I'll mount the radiator to my sub frame that doesn't vibrate. Then I'll build a pulley mounted to the crank inside the flywheel with the fan assembly mounted to the motor so the belt tension will remain tight. Remember I'm the portable guy! I have to be able to find uses for it or wait till the power goes out....wasn't much this year so far. I was thinking I could load it up in the truck and tour the country visiting all the guys off grid unload it and supply the lights from my cementless unit while we tip a brew or whatever! .... How is that shaft doing?
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Z482 KUBOTA

biobill

• 'riods make good houseguests if fed right
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 06:56:24 PM »
Dave,
 Just over 100hr on latest shaft and everything looks good. Don't miss the clatter at all. ;D         Bill
Off grid since 1990
6/1 Metro DI living in basement, cogen
6/1 Metro IDI running barn & biodiesel processer
VW 1.6 diesels all over the place
Isuzu Boxtruck, Ford Backhoe, all running on biodiesel
Needs diesel lawnmower & chainsaw

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 15, 2007, 08:18:37 PM »
Bill,
I started my 6/1 Kit for the first time with a .045  ;D ...sounds good If I had a good muffler that would go portable it would be real quiet!
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Z482 KUBOTA

listerdiesel

« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2007, 06:47:33 PM »
Lister guys,
I'm looking to design a radiator and fan set-up for my Listeroid like the Listers had mounted on the side with a belt running from the crank to the fan. Anyone have any pictures or schematics of there setup? It might save me some time and mistakes since they already thought it out.
Thanks
Dave

We have the factory GA drawings somewhere for the radiator cooled engines, I'll have a look and see if any are small enough to scan. I know we have one blown up to A1 size and laminated to keep it clean.

Peter

xyzer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 26, 2007, 10:00:56 PM »
Peter,
Good to see you back! Did you get moved? I would love to see just a sketch of how they laid it out and the type of pulley they used on the crank. I am getting well into it my way but not to late to incorporate changes. I resiliently mount my balanced engines and will keep the fan fastened to the engine but mount the radiator on the sub-frame to isolate it from the vibes.
Thanks Peter
Dave
Vidhata 6/1 portable
Z482 KUBOTA

listerdiesel

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 08:18:46 AM »
Peter,
Good to see you back! Did you get moved? I would love to see just a sketch of how they laid it out and the type of pulley they used on the crank. I am getting well into it my way but not to late to incorporate changes. I resiliently mount my balanced engines and will keep the fan fastened to the engine but mount the radiator on the sub-frame to isolate it from the vibes.
Thanks Peter
Dave

We had to be out of the old factory by the 23rd, after 24 years there. We did it all on time and are now sorting out the new place so we can get some work done :-)) The new place is larger and less than a block away from where we live, against a 38 mile distance for the old place.

I'll have a dig through the files tonight and see what we have, I am pretty sure that there is an A3 or A4 copy amongst the files.

Lister were fairly consistent with the arrangement, so a CD or CE arrangement is very similar. I also have 2 rad-cooled 6/1's up the farm, so I can also take pictures of those for you if you need detail.

Somewhere we also have drawings for the radiator brackets, but I cannot remember if they are for the CD/CE or the CS series. We also have some secondhand brackets that I can measure up if not.

Radiators for the CS/CD/CE are very similar in sixe and construction.

Peter

listerdiesel

« Reply #10 on: March 27, 2007, 08:27:23 PM »
Peter,
Thanks Peter
Dave

We have a spare copy of the 12/2 GA drawing that I could mail you, it's an A3 size (17 X 11 approx) and I can send it over by airmail if you let me have an address, or I can scan the relevant parts and post it on our website, whichever suits you.

Peter

MikeyT

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 28, 2007, 04:31:08 AM »
We have a spare copy of the 12/2 GA drawing that I could mail you, it's an A3 size (17 X 11 approx) and I can send it over by airmail if you let me have an address, or I can scan the relevant parts and post it on our website, whichever suits you.

Peter

Peter,

I would be interested in 12/2 documents as well, if you can scan and post.

Thanks,
Michael

listerdiesel

« Reply #12 on: March 28, 2007, 08:08:26 AM »

Peter

Peter,

I would be interested in 12/2 documents as well, if you can scan and post.

Thanks,
Michael

OK, I'll scan it in two pieces and put it on the website.

Peter

MikeyT

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 01:22:24 AM »
Peter,

I forgot all about this, then went looking on your website today and can't seem to locate it. Can you point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
Michael

Stan

« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 02:44:16 AM »
xyzer
I"m just about finished "restoring" my radiator (6/1).  What photos or measurments do you want?  I'ts all still in pieces but will be together (but not mounted on the motor yet) in a couple of days.
Stan