Puppeteer

Author Topic: New to the group,, saying hello~!`  (Read 54227 times)

craig c

Re: New to the group,, saying hello~!`
« Reply #45 on: October 30, 2007, 07:57:20 AM »
Hi Sodbust ,
                 You are getting a drop in EGT because you are getting more hp out of the engine with petrol in veg oil , because you are burning the fuel more efficiently with the petrol in veg oil , so you produce more hp which produces more exhaust gases and pressure which spins the turbo faster which gives u more PSI which raises the compression which produces more hp ,and is a full circle , so the egt drops because your engine needs less power to drive the same load .
I had the same thing on my 10 hp petteroid get set with a 8 kva alternator on it , it would only produce 22 amps with the EGT of 350 deg c before it would drop off in the rpm .
Then I raised the compression up to 18 to 1 from 16 to 1 and when I fire it up after I had done this  , the EGT at 22 amps  was 300 deg c , I could not figure out why the EGT was lower than before and then it came to me I was producing more power so I need more load , so I keep loading it untill the rpm started to drop off and that was 33 amps at 515 deg c .
So you can see if the engine is burning the fuel better it produces more hp out of the same fuel , any one that plays around with race engine will tell u this .

Danalinscott is not right you can experience a power gain on this blend , a engine only burns a percentage of the fuel and the rest goes out the exhaust , combustion  engines   are not very efficient so if you can make them more efficient by burning the fuel better you get more power, petrol is more explosive than diesel so it burns the diesel better and more cylinder  pressure I would say .
                                                                         craigc .

buickanddeere

• View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2007, 04:08:46 AM »
   Looks promising. Part that worries me is the wide open high HP, high speed  open belts and pulleys ready to maim or kill.

lendusaquid

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2008, 06:13:42 PM »
Is it still safe to heat the fuel lines ?

O yes,hello Sodbust :)
« Last Edit: February 19, 2008, 06:15:46 PM by lendusaquid »

sodbust

• PressMaster
    • View Profile
    • Oil press info and bio diesel use.
« Reply #48 on: November 20, 2008, 04:54:44 PM »
Hello all,, sorry I have been gone so long, but farming,, a major computer crash, and other factors have limited my time to get back..

Well up to date, I'm over 15,000 gallons of sunflower fuel/rug mixture crushed, made and consumed.  No problems at all..  Had a great sunflower harvest this fall, so should be back to 100% farm grown fuel for 2009..

Over the summer, I had  a phone call from a fellow in Ohio.. He has been working with burning water in a diesel engine for the last 20 years.. He has a dyno and has real numbers to back his claims and called me to ask how I felt my fuel would work with his "water" to gain more than just a few minutes life from his Bosh injector pump for added lubrication..  Anyway,, as it turns out he has a good friend who works at Cummins, in there EPA testing lab.. They have an engine there that has a movie camera built into the head to be able to watch the combustion in the chamber when it fires.  He said they can take 1 power stroke and stretch it out to be a 20 minute movie..

Well they took my fuel mixture and tried it in the test engine.  It was set up with 1965 tec head and piston shape.. ( ie a 1965 Cummins engine)   He said when the injector fired,, everything looked normal.  The flame front grew,, and expanded just like with diesel fuel.  BUT WHEN the piston got down the stroke about 1/2 way,, they saw a blue glow start at the piston head and expand back up towards the head. It was still expanding at the point the ex valve opened.   The fellows in the lab took readings and it passed TEIR 4 epa standards with ease.  There idea is  that the pressure/time factor is allowing a second combustion of the hydrogen in the veg oil.. MMMmmmmmm?????

This would help explain the added turbo pressure gain,, with lower egt temps???

Over the past year I have taken and switched back and forth from just #2 diesel and back to my bends from 10% and up to 100%,, rug sunflower fuel.  Every time I got my 20 to 30% gain in mpg, hp and performance.

I have now over 2200 people who have contacted me the last several years, and are now giving me allot of feedback from used cooking oil,, new cooking oil, to waste motor oil and raw veg oil. From soybeans to canola, to peanuts and cotton seed... All are happy and getting along fine as long as they are using the hydrometer to mix there fuel.. The few that do not, are having off and on engine problems.. So far no one has trashed an engine but one farmer came real close.!

Now,, here is a point of interest..  People who are using cooking oil are not showing gains,, and if so just under 10% using my system of making fuel.. I feel it boils down to the fact that cooking oil,, or 99.8% of it has been hydrogenated.  The companies do this to control clouding of the oil,, or settling and added shelf life.  What ever is going on seems to change the chemistry of the raw oil to something that loses its performance magic using it as fuel... Are they cooking out the oxygen,, or hydrogen????  Or is the conditioning locking this all up so it is not usable as a fuel????   Any chemist here to help out?

Almost done with fall harvest, so will start to have more time to invest around here.

sodbust.

Cowboy Billy

• Britton, Michigan
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2009, 04:41:26 PM »
Robert.

Up to about 10 years ago,, we got a  80%gasoline/20%#1 diesel blend ,, which the fuel sales called "Power Fuel"  It ran great in lower compression  tractor engines with allot of intake heat.  With a mid 1960s car engine, with 8.5 to 1 compression,, one would have to retard the timing 3 to 5 degrees to control the ping.. The fuel supplier sold it $0.10 to $0.20 a gallon cheaper than regular gas.

I must have been raised in an area where anything goes?

Daniel

Howdy Daniel

In the late 70's dad used to mix up to 25% diesel in his gas car because it was so much cheaper than gas at the time.  This is the first time I have heard of anyone other than us doing it. In the summer I run a quart of diesel to a tank in my 93 ford festiva and get better power and about a 5mpg increase. Taking me from 40mpg to 45mpg. My brother is doing the same in his ford Aspire and getting close to 50mpg. My youngest brother runs it in flex fuel doge caravan and gets a 4mpg increase but he has to be careful as the fuel density meter in the tank tends to lean it out. We also tried it in my dad's 2002 V6 F150 but had no change in power or mileage.

I also want to thank you for all the good info on your site! I am running a 20hp chingfa generator and gummed up the rings or valves and lost compression. Running WVO with diesel secret my dad bought from a guy at work. I got it running and ran seafoam in the #2 fuel and engine oil and got my compression back. I am going to get the hydrometer you suggested and try mixing it with RUG as you said. I was thinking the guy that sold it did not clean it enough or did something wrong.

I am now starting to look into building a fuel centrifuge. But I do not know anything about them yet much less what is out there and what would work best for 300 gal or so a year. But if some of my projects start to pan out my usage may goto 1500-2000 a year. I have one brother that is a master fabricator and runs a lazer pattern burner and the other does tool and die work. While i am a dirt worker and generally do finish dozer work.

We also have a 6 ton seed press. But our farming skills need lots of work. We planted 15 acers of sunflowers two years ago but the deer got them all. And this year we tried soybeans. But we did not test the soil and I think it was too acidic and they came up a light pale green and did not grow well.

Billy

14-1 powersolutions lister 12kv st generator head
11 years operating heavy equ.
Hobbies
old farmall tractors, Horses, Jonsered chainsaws, anything to do with being self sufficient and playing in the woods.

sodbust

• PressMaster
    • View Profile
    • Oil press info and bio diesel use.
Stilll here,, still blending,, and happy..
« Reply #50 on: December 28, 2009, 01:40:29 PM »
Hello folks..

I understand that the older one gets,, the faster time moves and the less I seem to get done. But this year with farming was a constant battle.  So my time to invest in keeping up with the chat rooms was all but taken away..

I'm still crushing and still burning sf "blended fuel' with 100% good results. Working in the little dieselcraft centrifuge made the largest difference of any part of the system. All my friends who saw the improvement in the fuel also got a centrifuge going now and feel the same about it.. I'm seeing now the term "fuel polishing" is being used to title the system.

The centrifuge is doing something other than getting the mud out and  having to keep a case of fuel filters on the shelf.. The fuel is much better overall.

Now I can picture that running the fuel into a pump and then the centrifuge is chewing the fuel by mixing better,, and I feel the rapid expansion going from 80 psi back down to 0 psi 6 or 9 times is part of the clue.  I always see about a tea spoon worth of a very thick wax,, inside at clean out time.  The only thing I can say it must be the heavier part of the oil that the gas is not cutting that the centrifuge is catching and taking out. The amount varies between batches and the most I have ever seen is shy of a table spoon worth..

Any ideas what this all might be?  Sodbust,,

MeanListerGreen

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 12, 2010, 06:12:36 PM »
Hmmm good stuff here.  Can't wait until I pull my Dodge Cummins into the station and see all the eye popping goin on when they watch me pour a gallon of vegatable oil in the tank and top it off with 2 gallons of gas.....lol.  They are going to think im friggin nuts.
MLG Gib Key Pullers