Puppeteer

Author Topic: Emission Testing "Listeroids"  (Read 3072 times)

kpgv

Emission Testing "Listeroids"
« on: January 19, 2006, 01:27:13 AM »
Hi All,
Has anyone out there ever tried testing the "pipe" on one of these?
I wonder how the "listeroids" do against the "standards"?
There are, of course MANY different "variants", eg: Standard CS, GM-90, etc, and many different "fuel" possibilities.
And then, there is a LOT of experience, and creativity available on this "list", and beyond, involved in these.
Is it really "Mission Impossible" to get these to be "legal" without HUGE R&D expense and making them prohibitively expensive?
We all know there are several people out there importing these and selling them, and they are just as "Independent" minded as the folks here on this list, but is there NO way, WTSHTF, that there can't be a little "pooling" of cost and knowledge to preserve the ability to import and own these here?

Kevin

Doug

Re: Emission Testing "Listeroids"
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2006, 06:18:14 AM »
I don't know about that, anything is possible....
I work in a mine, everything is diesel and we manage to get them faily clean with the use of converters.
Believe me you can the difference down wind of an old Duezt powered scissor truck with a functioning cat converter and one with a plugged air filter fowled converter.
And I think it also comes back to quality control if you start with good engine you may stand a good chance.

Doug

kpgv

Re: Emission Testing "Listeroids"
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2006, 07:01:51 AM »
DAMN  :o BIG  :o ELEPHANT  :o there in the corner.
Mike, Andree, anyone.... have a take, opinion, plan?
Just curios......

Kevin