Author Topic: Synthetic Oil  (Read 13292 times)

Doug

Re: Synthetic Oil
« Reply #15 on: February 20, 2007, 11:05:36 PM »
No one was hurt by the 6/1 fly wheel failure, it was shut down when a strange noise was heard.

I wish Sam would post so I could ask some direct questions about it. ANd I would like to know if he spoke to Metro about it or if Metro has any comments....

I'd like to know if Sam provided a replacement fly wheel since this unit was only a few months old...

Doug.

PM me and I'll send you pictures of the damaged hub and some back story so you know what too look for.

GeckoPower

• If it's not broken fix it anyway!
    • View Profile
Re: Synthetic Oil
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2007, 04:26:15 AM »
Thanks for your input on oil burning.  This summer, when I have more time on my hands, I will build my waste oil purifing/ preheating refinery.  With this info I can cut my electrical operating costs in half. One thing i notice with my 6/1 is when I start it in the morning the gen head is putting out 57- 58 hz,  when fully warmed up, it is about 60- 60.5 hz.  With your micro processor controls, do you have a throttle solenoid for rack position?   What brand of controller do you use? and cost?  Thanks for all of your replies.  Has anyone heard of, or is running an ONEAC POWER CONDITIONER http://www.oneac.com to regulate power for sensitive equipment?  Could a person tie one of these on to any ST head and solve flicker/ hi/ lo surge and stabilize hz factor? that would be cool.  Talk to you later
Off grid since Sept 1 2005,  1 online GTC 6/1, 5k head;  1 wore out 5 hp 2.6kw Honda (but still starts 1 st pull and will put in a 12 hour day;  1 wore out Honda 1kw when I got it, then I wore it out some more; 2004 Duramax Chev 1 ton; 35 hp New Holland Compact Tractor