Author Topic: listeroid imports  (Read 2798 times)

woodpile

• View Profile
listeroid imports
« on: February 01, 2007, 01:35:15 AM »
Just read the post about listeroids shipped to Baltimore and had a few questions to ask. I live 30 min from Baltimore and this could be a good deal for me if it is possible.Has anybody imported a single engine for themselves? How much do i have to worry about the EPA and would they notice 1 single crate instead of a whole shipment of engines? If I had it shipped to Baltimore I could pick it up myself as soon as it was ready possibly saving some money. I have a feeling that it would be trouble than its worth but it might be worth a shot. Any thoughts? 

dieselgman

• View Profile
    • Lister Parts
Re: listeroid imports
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2007, 02:51:55 AM »
Best to speak with a local import broker about this question. Find out all your costs ahead of time. As stated elsewhere in these posts, EPA compliance is of concern but not necessarily the road-block that you might think. Fill out all the paperwork ahead of time and be sure to get a good agent/broker with experience in India imports and EPA requirements.

You will of course have much higher incremental costs with a single engine than with a full shipment.
Good luck with your venture.

Gary
diesel-electric.us
ALL Things Lister/Petter - Americas
Lyons Kansas warehousing and rebuild operations

woodpile

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2007, 01:29:09 PM »
Is there a thread on this site with contact info for people/companies that sell listeroids in the U.S.? I have found utterpowers site but I would like to know who else I can contact to compare prices.   

Doug

« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2007, 09:27:53 PM »
Hey wood pile:

It will cost a little more to import your own engine so I sugest you buy a spare part for every everything maybe even 3....

Parts are so cheap you would be stupid not to buy lots of everything.

On the other hand ou could buy form Utterpower and get a better deal, and pay more for parts later.

At some point you have to ask yourself do you need a midle man? Maybe there are others in your area that want an engine too. Ask....

I have nearly enough parts to rebuild Gus twice could have saved more buying enough for the third rebuild...