Puppeteer

Author Topic: Mars One Way (Lister content!)  (Read 4395 times)

rleonard

• Mattoon, Illinois
    • View Profile
Mars One Way (Lister content!)
« on: March 07, 2014, 10:26:59 PM »
This video just came out on the "selection" of people considering a one way trip to Mars.  I do not think that any of them are qualified one bit and their comments hint of some serious issue;

http://sploid.gizmodo.com/meet-the-people-who-would-leave-earth-and-take-a-one-wa-1537495094?utm_campaign=socialflow_gizmodo_facebook&utm_source=gizmodo_facebook&utm_medium=socialflow

At any rate, the guy with the bees is shown oiling the valves and starting up his Lister(oid?)  Is he a member here?

Bob
Faster - Better - Cheaper  You can have any two, but not all three

Horsepoor

• West Palm Beach, Florida
    • View Profile
Re: Mars One Way (Lister content!)
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2014, 07:41:19 AM »
What a bunch of nut jobs! The hair dresser, the museum clerk, etc, just look at he engineering back ground these candidates possess, yes they are going to do a great job navigating the space craft, fixing all the equipment on way and while on the surface of mars, building structures, yes they all have really good skill bases for a space mission. About the only worthy one there is the bee keeper dude and his listeroid (about 7 minutes into the video), perhaps he could be trained for a useful purpose. I see these nut jobs every day in Boca Raton, Wellington, and Jupiter Florida (affluent - wealthy areas). I wonder who helped you tie your shoe laces this morning as they order their Starbucks soy coffee latte natural brown natural sugar only and on and on with the criteria. Morons - but now that I think about, it might not be a bad idea to convince millions of them to take a one way trip to Mars, this way they can't contaminate the gene pool further on earth by reproducing.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2014, 07:43:31 AM by Horsepoor »
GTC 20/2 down rated to 850 rpm - ST 15
Metro 6/1 800 rpm on cart - ST 7.5

carlb23

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2014, 11:59:03 AM »
all i can say is WOW

magnicon

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2014, 06:06:34 PM »
HEY!.Not all at once.Leave some room for all our public school twit polititians.

contaucreek

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2014, 08:18:09 PM »
Hmmm...who would I put on a one way to Mars  ::)
L.E.F. Dip #1 Threadstopper Extraordinaire

LowGear

• Casey
  • What? My diesel had fries for lunch?
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 09, 2014, 03:51:46 PM »
Brutes!

No wonder these pilgrims are ready for Mars and perhaps other far away places holding adventures the land lovers of Earth can't even imagine at this time in the space/time continuum.

OK, I didn't make it through the first minute but that's only because of Dr. Harold Callahan's directive - "A Man must know his limitations."  "Whap" went the man's body as it slammed against the lava.  But I could do that on either planet, maybe even the moon.

Yup, I got the sinister vibes too, Bra.  Death Wish with a twist.

Casey

NPR Tipper/Dump Truck
Kubota BX 2230
Witte BD Generator
SunnyBoy 6000 + SolarWorld 245