Author Topic: Borrowed images?  (Read 4696 times)

Procrustes

• View Profile
Borrowed images?
« on: January 18, 2006, 07:20:10 AM »
The same pictures are at each of these links:

http://listerengine.com/coppermine/displayimage.php?album=30&pos=2
http://oldstylelisters.com/engine_price-lists.html

Coppermine says these photos belong to user 'stans'.  I can't find any such user in the forum.

It's a little odd, thus my pointing it out.

admin

• Administrator
    • View Profile
Re: Borrowed images?
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2006, 05:19:34 PM »
as the admin my thoughts are, i dont care if people put phone numbers, or email address or even pictures to pimp their products. this board is for the free flow of information about lister engines, specifically lister cs and their clones. i know i wish i had found out more about them sooner, and when i did learn about them i searched for every scrap i could find. i love how people have been coming here and sharing their thoughts experiences and ideas... if someone tries to be sneaky in pimping their product, or abuses the board for their gain, i figure people here are smart enough to figure it out and it will only look bad on them. there are things/products i plan to announce here (such as a 6/1 i have listed in the marketplace section), but i also welcome all others to do the same. i figure any that dont respect the spirit of the board only hurt themselves. i decided to post this because i saw an email listed as xxxxxx at yyyyyyyy instead of xxxxx@yyyyyyyy a trick used to by pass some filters and want it known that there is no need to do that. also i dont know how others feel, but i want to know about products and things i can purchase for my lister running pleasure. i know a machinist that makes pulleys for lister gensets and fly wheel pullers.. i wish he would list his products here

Procrustes

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2006, 05:47:39 PM »
i saw an email listed as xxxxxx at yyyyyyyy instead of xxxxx@yyyyyyyy a trick used to by pass some filters and want it known that there is no need to do that. also i dont know how others feel, but i want to know about products and things i can purchase for my lister running pleasure. i know a machinist that makes pulleys for lister gensets and fly wheel pullers.. i wish he would list his products here

You probably know this, but lots of people list email addresses in the 'xxx at yyyy' form to avoid crawlers that harvest email addresses for spamming purposes.

I agree, I like the commercial info here so long as it's straight forward.

The reason I made my earlier post is that I don't know if stans is associated with oldstylelisters or not.  For all I know they got the pictures from him.  If they were my photos I'd find it rude that someone had used them.  But like I said if stans is with oldstylelisters that's just fine.

Stan

« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2006, 11:15:05 PM »
 Procrustees???  That is me that posted the photos on coppermine that you are talking about.  I have been on this site for months now, with dozens of posts.  I am not trying to scam anybody and resent your allegations!

I explained fully that the pics I posted came from Anand ent. in India and that they were sent to me as proof of upgrades from that company.  I also explained that I have no connection with that company or any other that is in the listeroid business.

The best way to ruin an otherwise good forum is to go throwing allegations and innuendos around without proof.

Btw...I am identified with my name, unlike others on the site.
Stan

Procrustes

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2006, 12:55:21 AM »
Procrustees???  That is me that posted the photos on coppermine that you are talking about.  I have been on this site for months now, with dozens of posts.  I am not trying to scam anybody and resent your allegations!

I explained fully that the pics I posted came from Anand ent. in India and that they were sent to me as proof of upgrades from that company.  I also explained that I have no connection with that company or any other that is in the listeroid business.

The best way to ruin an otherwise good forum is to go throwing allegations and innuendos around without proof.

Btw...I am identified with my name, unlike others on the site.
Stan

You're putting words into my mouth.  As I said below, I thought the photos were posted by a user named 'stans'.  Also I assumed they were the property of oldstylelisters.com; I didn't know they were stock Anand marketing photos.  I recognize your username 'Stan' and I've enjoyed your posts.  I don't have any reason to doubt your character.  I didn't allege that you are a scammer.  Please re-read what I said before, it's straightforward.

Here's exactly what happened.  I looked at oldstylelisters.com, and some time later at the Coppermine site, and recognized the photos.   You say you explained fully where these are from (and I believe you), but this isn't apparent on Coppermine.   You must mean that you explained this on the forum.  Anyway, I assumed that this 'stans' was passing off the photos as his own.  The captions under the photos (as of right now) don't indicate their origin. Next I looked at the username, which in Coppermine is 'Stans'.  I searched for that username on the forum and didn't come up with any hits.  I was trying to do the right thing.